Green cotton filter

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
Right guys I've noticed that there seams to be alot of people using green cotton air filters on there tdi. What re the benefits of them on a tdi. Do they make the car sound any different? Also never really used green cotton I've used courtanay and K&N are green cotton any good? Any info would be great cheers

shadowmaker

2.5TDI 228kW 587Nm@1,3bar
Feb 28, 2007
OK, mine's not a Seat, but I gained a total 0,7kW over original by having no filter at all. That's 0,3%, or like moskito's fart in Sahara...

CORBY

May 1, 2007
Sunderland & Washington
Just ordered a green cotton panel filter do-dar! The bloke said I should get it tomorrow, so I will fit it over the weekend and see what the crack is! This will be the only after market thing I have done so far, but hopefully there will be more to come!:drive2:

jase750

Jan 3, 2003
Stoke on Trent
Visit site
the main benifit of a green/k+n is that it is cleanable and reusable so you will never have to but another filter.

they only really give 1-2 bhp anyway as diesels airflow isn't as restrictive as a petrol engine. i.e. no throttle

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
I fitted a green pannel filter to my leon as im going up to jabba sport next bank holiday for a remap. The effect it had on my car was not noticeble except for a bit more grrrr noise. I hope the custom map as said before will make it worth buying.

CORBY

May 1, 2007
Sunderland & Washington
I have fitted the Green Cotton Air Filter, and as you guy's said, 'there wasn't much difference, maybe abit more grrr'!
I wasn't expecting miracles anyway. But at the weekend I am going to mess on with some cold air feed pipes and see what I can do! Any suggestions? :think:

djcTDi

Dec 15, 2004
London, UK
i fitted a green cotton filter the other day and it does feel smoother but also feels less powerful higher up the revs

i got it upsoluted a couple of weeks ago and that felt fast and now it just feels kind of fast... im gonna try switching back to the old filter at the weekend but chances are its all in my head - i think ive just got used to the new feel

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise