• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Engine Oil in Air Intake.

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
That is what I wanted to indicate here if you know what I mean.
Oil is showing full when cold on dip stick.
When it would reach to its operating temperature then level would only increase like you said.
And its been more than 5 days in that situation and no oil traces so far.

• Wow
Reactions: CupForm

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
That is what I wanted to indicate here if you know what I mean.
Oil is showing full when cold on dip stick.
When it would reach to its operating temperature then level would only increase like you said.
And its been more than 5 days in that situation and no oil traces so far.
I'm sure it's the other way round, as when cold all the oil has drained down into the bottom of the engine and if dipped cold will poss show above full. When you run to temp the oil is all around the motor so dipping it then will show less, but should be in the area marked on the stick.

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
I'm sure it's the other way round, as when cold all the oil has drained down into the bottom of the engine and if dipped cold will poss show above full. When you run to temp the oil is all around the motor so dipping it then will show less, but should be in the area marked on the stick.
Well that was my understanding old school thing.
But reading here on forum told me something else.
It would raise the oil level due to temperature.
🙄

zenonek79

May 7, 2024
Ok, i got an update.

Just serviced my cupra, second service, 7600miles. Seat Letchworth.

I've been treated very vell, asked for mechanic, expressed my complaints, worries, and got somewhere.

- oil in intake, mechanic told me as it is new car, it will be some, but till first service ( dont know why), but he presented that to cupra a while ago, as he noticed some cars coming with the same problem, and as he said, some air filters need to be replaced earlier than scheduled.
He also confirm that filling the oil to max may have caused the issue.
I have aske to fill half dip stick, and one litre of oil for top up. They agreed.

I was charged for that 1 litre of oil 17.99, and for washer top up without asking, but my whole bill was reduced by 30%. So no problem there.

- issue with noisy suspention from new, they told me top struds mounts bad quality, ing booked for replacement, under warranty.

- big software update, screen, headunit, ecu and gearbox, i think it sorted my issue with reboots of the infotainment

- GOT MY ENGINE COVER! yuppii :cool:, nothing special, simple plastic ,but looks good, no cupra loogo.

Will update regarding oil in intake in a while.

zenonek79

May 7, 2024
im not so sure about it, it does not matter cold or hot, oil will go down, faster when hot, slower when cold, but it will go down. When warmer it expands, and i have reconfirmed that many times, currently on cold engine i have half way dipstick, when engine hot (over 90 degree) dipstick indicator full.
and i think it sorted my problem with oil in intake.

I also got an audi A6 c7 1.8 petrol, no dipstick there anymore, but borrowed from my cupra, as engines are almost the same, and same thing, with one diference, 3/4 on dipstick when cold, 1/1 when hot, so not so much difference, and no oil in intake.

zenonek79

May 7, 2024
OT: One thing, i went to Skoda dealership today, been looking at the Skoda Kodiaq 2024, and the quality of the finish, baterials used, sound system, that is a beautiful car!

Waiting for the vRS version and will swap i think!

zenonek79

May 7, 2024
My new egine cover! :cool::cool::cool:

but somehow i fees really stupid for being happy to receive it after almost 2 years, when it should be installed from new.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-08-28 at 18.07.50_6c91360e.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-08-28 at 18.07.50_6c91360e.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 24
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.