just revo'd... pipe coming loose in engine

LukeF

Hey guys, just asking if anyone has had a similar problem- Just had the car revo'd and on the way back lost all power and on comes warning lights. Call the revo man out and we found that the hose connecting the pipe that runs toward the DV had come off. Clipped it back on with the spring clip all ok, just before clevedon same again this time the rear of that pipe had come off. Anyone had any issues with those clips/rubber hoses, happened three times so went to a local garage and they fitted a big ass jube clip on the front one that seems to be holding out. Waiting for the rear one to go again now lol cross fingers it wont, might get a jube clip on there anyway for safe of mind.

Cheers guys

note- just to be clear its not the hosing connected to the Dump valve but the big metal pipe (turbo pipe?) that runs over the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
very common, especially if using the standard clips as they are pretty poor

has happened to me twice, on the motorway and on a rolling road!!

decent jubilee clips done up properly will do the job

LukeF

cheers acid, didnt think i was the only one, will def get the rear clip replaced with a decent jubilee as well i think within the next few days.
Bit scary at first as i booted it in the outside lane on the M5 then lost power...even though my hazards were on everyone seemed oblivious to the fact that i needed the hard shoulder, spesh the RAV4 booting it down the inside lane. Some people are too nice...

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
:lol: i had a throttle cable snap on me in the fast lane of the M25! Quite a scary experience i feel for you mate!

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
when mine popped off at full chat on the rollers i thought i'd just sent 7grand down the pan

was filming the run then suddenly 'BANG!', 'gasp'....'sigh'....and finally 'phew'...car was producing 165bhp before the power dropped like a cliff edge

might be smart to replace most of the factory clips when you have time, most notorious to give are the ones you mentioned at either end of the charge pipe over the engine top and the one at the throttle body

LukeF

Yeah i think i'll get the main ones out the way then when i get some time change the rest. I've had a big enough pain the last week with new maf, coolant temp sender, fitting colour coded bumper strips last night, repaired radio unit a few months back too not to mention the fogs dont work at the mo...then the joy of fitting a boost gauge and maybe brake upgrade too! I need more money though, renewal of insurance 2 weeks ago, revo..it all hacks away at the bank balance!

The replies on the forums are quicker than my Revo!

Cheers guys and may our hoses never crap out again

cupra collins

Mar 27, 2007
i had that trubble when i had the revo trial i think that pipe pops off because you need to undo that clip to change spark plugs making the clip weaker

LukeF

wonderful thing now in the last 2 days i start the car and get a weird knocking sound for about 30 seconds then it goes away- its as though something is charging up...then after 30 secs spins back down. Thats the best way to explain it from POV of someone who knows little about cars lol

LukeF

i'm due a service soon, will see what they think. I think i have the cupra with the most problems at the mo...woohoo lol one thing after another! Ever get that feeling it's just not your week?

LukeF

yes...i can hear my dads words of 'told you so' echoing out now. lol i guess i knew what i was letting myself in for anyway with the niggles n all that. Good job i have a bit of cash to sort out these issues

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Get a MASSIVE jubilee the type you use a 10mm socket on! I carry my socket set in my boot, these bloody hoses!

Those SEAT clips are crap and a pain in the arse, designed for 7PSI remember!

Mike

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.