• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Squeaky Front Breaks

storeyd

Newcastle
Jul 5, 2006
Newcastle
If u put grease on the pad edges,when u push the pedal, the pads slide towards the disk helping u brake. If not,it is metal to metal and thus making the noise

Yes. Most people forget about this. All contact surfaces should be cleaned, then greased. I do mine every 6 months and have never had brake squeel on any car.

I use a flat file to clear off the hard dirt from the upper and lower running surfaces. I also clean the retaining pins to a high polish. Copper slip all this including the back of the pad to help absorb high frequency vibration (the squeel). It only takes 10 minutes per side and you can feel the difference in response even after 6 months of build up.

StuLCR52

MK1 LCR project….
Sep 11, 2005
Hampshire (formally Lisburn NI)
just a quick query on this matter, ive just noticed my n/s/r brake system squeeling on turning etc, ive discovered a lip on the outer edge of the disc so once i get money sorted im gonna replace the discs and pads as there seems very little meat on the rear pads, which i thought was causing my squeeling noise until i discovered the lip on the face on the disc.

i found these on flee bay and was wondering had ne tried these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-CUP...69201QQcategoryZ23013QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

they even seem to have the brembo front grooved 323mm disc

stu

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
Wouldnt fancy your chances of getting anything sorted under warranty - brakes will be down as a wear and tear item surely?

Mine still squeak on light breaking, think I might look into upgrading them though, especially if its remapped.

Wear and tear my arse, it has only done 10500 miles, if they tell me wear and tear at that miles then I won't buy top of the range Leon again, if their disks and pads are expeced to only last 10500 miles on the FR they are having a laugh :censored:

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
Yes. Most people forget about this. All contact surfaces should be cleaned, then greased. I do mine every 6 months and have never had brake squeel on any car.

I use a flat file to clear off the hard dirt from the upper and lower running surfaces. I also clean the retaining pins to a high polish. Copper slip all this including the back of the pad to help absorb high frequency vibration (the squeel). It only takes 10 minutes per side and you can feel the difference in response even after 6 months of build up.

This is what I will be asking Seat to do at the very least.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.