Armrest

Xe

Are you guys getting armrests without the red stitching? If so where from?

Xe

Is the armrest available without red stitching anywhere in Europe?? Like all grey?

johnfbr

Agree, red stitching barely noticable in real life in FR . Pictures make the red look more pronounced than it is.

conzy

Jan 5, 2007
I have just fitted mine and the red is not that noticable, the picture make it look more red than it is, looks well with the sport interior!

Xe

OK now I just need to find the cheapest place to order one of these armrests from? Whats the going price these days? Seat.co.uk says £100 which is a bit step imo.

Can anyone tell me where I can get it from for cheaper? :)

Xe

I did, they said that they hardly ever order them so very little margin for profit or discount. But will try my luck again and hopefully get someone else next time :p

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I did, they said that they hardly ever order them so very little margin for profit or discount. But will try my luck again and hopefully get someone else next time :p

I got that as well today also been advised that its not a DIY job and I should pay £35 for fitting the job is "quite technical and should be done by a fitter" :wtf: I read this entire thread and what a load of cr*p

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
they is having a laugh!, took me 10mins top and i am not a skilled mechanic. they should be able to offer disc, i am getting 12% of my new gear knob to replace the FR one and thats only£60 before disc.

Xe

they is having a laugh!, took me 10mins top and i am not a skilled mechanic. they should be able to offer disc, i am getting 12% of my new gear knob to replace the FR one and thats only£60 before disc.

Who is your local dealer? and how does this seatcupra.net discount someone mentioned earlier in this thread work?

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Who is your local dealer? and how does this seatcupra.net discount someone mentioned earlier in this thread work?

In the end I got a 10% discount at the same dealer by phoning the parts dept direct and using a trade discount of a friends garage. So what the dealer is saying is not true i.e. the too little a profit margin to give a discount.

conzy

Jan 5, 2007
They are having a laugh about fitting it, there is even instructions in the box on how to fit it, but you could work it out not problems without them.

I paid 100 for mine but the dealer left an internal transfer note inside the box when they brought it from another garage to the closest one to me, cost price on the armrest is about 70 if I remember correctly

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
I use Livingstone's in Uddingston just outside Glasgow.they have a nice black cupra for me to drool over too next time iam in.

Xe

I use Livingstone's in Uddingston just outside Glasgow.they have a nice black cupra for me to drool over too next time iam in.

OMG I use the same damn garage/dealer! :wtf: OK now I'm pissed off.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members