300 BHP and how

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm sure they'll be happy that another tuner is openly asking someone to rip off their code....

Dec 31, 2005
London
Got to admit, i'm bored of the power on mine now, revo stage 1, fmic, blueflame downpipe/sports cat, scorpion cat back, 4bar fpr, 007p, k03s, mk4 golf tip, standard airbox with green panel & cai, tt short shifter & n249 bypass. revo settings boost 8 timing 7, getting stage 2 next thursday but know not much is going to increase.
Want 300bhp in mine now but damn im skint :(

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
yeah im feeling a bit similar but really..... cannot justify spending hardcore money like £4000 on making it rapid as i have other things to fund aswell. unless i have some sort of luck with a promotion then its gonna be staying around the 200bhp for a while........gutted!

Dec 31, 2005
London
Its been a bit strange tbh, revo was the most effective from standard, then I guess the k03s held the boost longer but it was pointless at high temps so the fmic made the next actual difference as you could hold the boost without it pulling back from heatsoak. After that everything you do does add up but its little by little so you dont really value what you have, if i had my standard 156bhp now though and I had all my mods overnight I know it would feel blisteringly quick!

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
anyone know mrc's web address?

www.mrctuning.com Im pretty posotive you'll be Happy. When he first mapped my car when i had just the K03 my car made 197bhp & 218ft/lbs of torque with a peak of 0.9 bar and held 0.65 bar - that was during the summer when we all went to Marlin and it was about 30 somthing degrees that day too. with the new map he did for me when i got my k03s fitted last year september my car now makes maximum torque at 2800 rpm which im quite happy with, as its not far off the standard figure... which i think is 160ft/lbs at 2000rpm

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2005
London
MRC sound pretty good, have heard a lot of good things about them so I may look at one of their custom maps, Im a bit sceptical though because I emailed them my mods asking them what sort of figures i might produce and asking about a k04s which is like a hybrid k04 and I got this

'Your car as it stands should be looking at getting 290bhp, although every car is differnet and we cannot promise numbers. We won't push a car beyond what we think is safe. '

I definately put k03s down in my mods list as my turbo, even if it was possible there would be no way id want more than 250 out of my k03s as it would just go pop, i was looking at my options more than anything and am not slating them just thought it was funny about 290bhp from a k03s

Cupra_Wayne

263.6bhp / 285lbft.....
Oct 11, 2004
Herts
MRC sound pretty good, have heard a lot of good things about them so I may look at one of their custom maps, Im a bit sceptical though because I emailed them my mods asking them what sort of figures i might produce and asking about a k04s which is like a hybrid k04 and I got this

'Your car as it stands should be looking at getting 290bhp, although every car is differnet and we cannot promise numbers. We won't push a car beyond what we think is safe. '

I definately put k03s down in my mods list as my turbo, even if it was possible there would be no way id want more than 250 out of my k03s as it would just go pop, i was looking at my options more than anything and am not slating them just thought it was funny about 290bhp from a k03s

They must have thought you meant you car as it stands plus a ko4s :shrug:

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
They might have thought you meant all your mods plus the k04. They managed to produce 288bhp out of an Audi S3.
Mihnea the guy that maps the cars is really good he knows his stuff. When i first got my car i was thinkin about a decat, unaware that it apparently causes running problems as Jabba told me. so i took jabba's advice and bought the miltek downpipe & sport cat. But when i went to MRC and mentioned ''decat'' he said no problem, he then plugged in his lap top and typed away on the keyboard and said now you can run a decat. He's a little different than your average tuner, My Ibiza was the first he'd ever mapped, he flys from country to country mapping cars, he goes to Dubai, and lots of other major cities.
He was also responsible for mapping the 2 MK4 Golfs in PVW. One produced 350bhp and the other 400BHP both using the standard Bosch ECU. He knows that Ecu inside out.:D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members