Fuel Cost no object; which Cupra would you buy? PD160 or 180?

gorebrush

Sep 18, 2006
South Wales
Ah, yes but we do get an extra gear. Handy ;)

TBH, in all honesty, If i was a millionaire, it would be petrol everytime, no doubt about it :D

Something that people havent mentioned either is the engine note...

gazjones

petrol for me if fuel is no object quiet on the motorway engine wise nice sound if you give it some stick can be remapped to silly torque figures for a petrol. but the tdi is good if you doig lots of miles

i mentioned sound the petrol obviously better :whistle:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
oh no now you've done it :cry:
"when idle the petrol sounds better"
but "when reving the both sound good" the argument is pointless,
my honest opinion is if i didn't have to worry bout cost i'd have....
a ferrari :D

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
oh no now you've done it :cry:
"when idle the petrol sounds better"
but "when reving the both sound good" the argument is pointless,
my honest opinion is if i didn't have to worry bout cost i'd have....
a ferrari :D

oh no I wouldn't have a ferrari I think the porsche is a much nicer car all together

anything german is better than anything italian in my book

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
my 1.8T eats diesel engines for breakfast! and still has room for a few petrol engines too :D

What was your qtr mile time Acid, 15.4 or something, pretty amazing if i remember:whistle: :whistle:

( all be it about half a second slower than my old Tdi and mine was a slow one!!)

if running costs are aside then best of the 2 would be the 180bhp petrol is what i would plump for. Although if you are saying standard cars drivability would push you to the TDi.

But if you are going to Mod the car then the Petrol is the way to go.

I have had 2 and a half years of mk4 ownership split betweent the 1.8t and the Tdi. I loved both. However overall faster car was the 1.8T

Also the sound for me is one huge thing i love the noise a petrol car makes although my Tdi did sound nice

I am now back on petol use, however since owning the cooper S ( which beats both by the way;) especially on sound) i have only done 1800 miles in the last 4 months so fuel costs have not been an issue for me at all.

gorebrush

Sep 18, 2006
South Wales
Be fair, when you plant your foot down and the turbo kicks in on the TDi, the sound is rather nice, like a loud gurgle. Sounds superb

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
LOL

to be fair im **** and i done 15.3 on 3 cylinders and 15.1 at inters without fmic, not great when i ran 15.7 standard. now my car is more than capable of running over a second quicker than that when its running healthy.

not to mention how many times have i been told 1/4 mile times arent a true representation of a car performance blah blah blah

Last edited:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
LOL

to be fair im **** and i done 15.3 on 3 cylinders and 15.1 at inters without fmic, not great when i ran 15.7 standard. now my car is more than capable of running over a second quicker than that when its running healthy.

not to mention how many times have i been told 1/4 mile times arent a true representation of a car performance blah blah blah

Yeah thats what people with slow cars always say, excuses excuses

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
oh no I wouldn't have a ferrari I think the porsche is a much nicer car all together

cor you guys are just eggin for a fight arn't you well :p
to be honest i wouldn't have a ferrari either, but i couldn't spell keoneseggsegsegsegsegseg:whistle:

lukey

4 Ringer
Sep 28, 2006
Harrogate

id rather like an RS4 than a porsche, seems its pre-requisit that to own a porsche you have to pass the "Im a f*cking ******" test, only then are the dealerships happy to let you purchase

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.