Fuel Cost no object; which Cupra would you buy? PD160 or 180?

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
I drive a diesel Saab 9-3 and a petrol Leon Cupra. Out of the two the Leon is much better to drive, the Saab,
which has been remapped by Hirsche to 175BHp, but like all diesels has no go under 1500 rpm and with a 4500
rpm rev limit I always find I'm having to changing gear which is a problem I don't have in the Leon

Overall I find the Leon the better car to drive, until it comes to filling it up :cry:

gorebrush

Sep 18, 2006
South Wales
bah none of you seem to be reading what i'm saying.

I'll leave you all to it. At the end of the day, this is just another sodding diesel vs petrol debate.

gazjones

petrol for me if fuel is no object quiet on the motorway engine wise nice sound if you give it some stick can be remapped to silly torque figures for a petrol. but the tdi is good if you doig lots of miles

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
you really dont have to revv the **** out of the 1.8t petrol to overtake standard or remapped!!!

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
As above. I leaning more towards the PD160 as I've read a few reviews that despite being a diesel its still the lighter and better car. I know this could open up a whole debate but what I really want to know is that as running costs aren't really that important does the PD160 justify the additional £1200 price tag?

When I bought my Cupra TDI it was the same cost for both the 1.8T and the PD160, so I went the way of the dark stuff because I was doing a lot of mileage at the time.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.