this boost guage is a good match for std dials

paul26982

any idea where to get the 42 draft design vdo gauge in england as that will look identicle at night and as close as possible in the day want the -30 to 25 boost gauge
any pics etc, never heard of it, not an expert lol

gazjones

the link that was put up on the other page from the person from saudi arabia

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Demontweeks
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=MPC150206US

I'm pretty certain that the whole dial will be backlit though, so if you fit a red LED the whole gauge will illuminate red, so it will look different to lighting on original clocks.
Anybody got any pics of the VDO white range fitted with a red LED? Similar to this??

dialsnight1.jpg

Last edited:

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Demontweeks
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=MPC150206US

I'm pretty certain that the whole dial will be backlit though, so if you fit a red LED the whole gauge will illuminate red, so it will look different to lighting on original clocks.
Anybody got any pics of the VDO white range fitted with a red LED? Similar to this??

dialsnight1.jpg

If thats the case, they look crap - or at least totally out of sync with the rest of the white dials.

Black ones look good though.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Any better?
Centreconsolenight.jpg

Haven't found any yet that look like the originals night and day. Phantom2's maybe but they are difficult to source.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I bought a boost gauge (phantom one) it was supposed to be back light but it looks the same as above. The black faced one looks spot on, just needs a white faced version

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Any better?
Centreconsolenight.jpg

Haven't found any yet that look like the originals night and day. Phantom2's maybe but they are difficult to source.

That matches the CC display etc, but it would look out of place in a pod near the other guages.

As said, the cheap Halfords one I have actually matches 99% in person - the pics don't do it justice but its quite uncanny how similar it looks.

And its very accuarate too, with no rattle or hiss. Accuracy checked with vag com logs. TBH, I haven't seen a better guage for even £40! :funk:

gazjones

finally got my led's today for my vdo boost gauge a good match i think one bit directly infront of the gauge is bit brighter but im happy with it!
Photo-0023.jpg

gazjones

yea photo is a bit poor but shows the colours will take better one tomorrow when its dark with a camera not my phone

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
so what gauge is that then?

ah its the black faced VDO with an led correct?
wish they did it in white!

Last edited:

gazjones

vdo vison series gauge was a pain to get hold of had to buy a kit including a pod for a mk4 golf and then buy a high intensity red led off ebay

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
Jode- Damnit why didn't I come across this thread sooner!

Have gone through 1 gauge already cos didn't like the style (plus only 20psi!) - 2nd gauge paid for and on order..... and now I see your Halfrauds ones! Doh!

Raf

Last edited:

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Jode- Damnit why didn't I come across this thread sooner!

Have gone through 1 gauge already cos didn't like the style (plus only 20psi!) - 2nd gauge paid for and on order..... and now I see your Halfrauds ones! Doh!

Raf

:lol:

This threads been here for ages! you should have searched! I was quite shocked when I saw it in Halfrauds too.

Which one have you ordered?