Air Intakes

gazjones

yoiu have the same intake as the pd160 just the pd is the more popular model the dealers find the part easier and the seat sport intercooler is huge compaired to forge wouldnt bother touching that it works well sp why change it

BIGAR

CHESTERFAIRIAN
Feb 5, 2006
CHESTERFAIRIANLAND
yoiu have the same intake as the pd160 just the pd is the more popular model the dealers find the part easier and the seat sport intercooler is huge compaired to forge wouldnt bother touching that it works well sp why change it

I think you will find the PD160 has the same intake as me :D and as for the FMIC it is not huge i have seen a lot bigger out there, i need to change it cos i want to push silly bhp, I was going to have one custom made but It is cost at the end of the day, i dont mind spending money but I dont like gettin riped as well.

gazjones

there was a vid of a 360 bhp fr and that had the seat sport cupra intercooler and that didnt seem to struggle but if your wanting to change it sure you will find a buyer for your one :D:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the seat sport front mount looks small thro the grill of the cupra bumper but if you take the bumper off ul be suprise as its about 4 inches thick its not wide but its tall it reaches the the top grill where the S bagde is!

ive got a viper induction kit on my 180 cupra without the induction hose at the moment it sounds the b011ocks flutters with the dumpvalve and turns all heads. but i will be buying 3m of samco ducting hose to reach the front bumper and will lose a bit of sound but ultimatly get the performance! as the ducting hose given with the viper is too short to reach anywhere cold in the cupra 180 engine bay.

i had big trouble finding a induction kit to fit my cupra because they always send you the mk3 ibiza or the 1.8t golf induction kit thinking it will fit but trust me it dont i tryed three diffrent induction kits and the viper definatly gets the noise if you want that and with ducting hose performance too! "bmc" filters are a good choice too for this model.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
jus read on you want more than 360 bhp might as well get a induction kit custom made its not actually that exspensive i dont think and for the front mount will have to be custom too i would have thought as you said theydont do a bigger fmic unless custom built your cupra bumper will need modifting to get this fitted but if you can afford to put 360bhp+ worth of mods on it im sure it aint a bother what you pushing at the mo?

BIGAR

CHESTERFAIRIAN
Feb 5, 2006
CHESTERFAIRIANLAND
jus read on you want more than 360 bhp might as well get a induction kit custom made its not actually that exspensive i dont think and for the front mount will have to be custom too i would have thought as you said theydont do a bigger fmic unless custom built your cupra bumper will need modifting to get this fitted but if you can afford to put 360bhp+ worth of mods on it im sure it aint a bother what you pushing at the mo?

I have had the turbos neck rang it is about 230 + but never had it RR since phase 2 so not sure exactly but is a lot faster than when I has phase1 210bhp, but I have had it set up for acceleration the benefit of a fully custom map power delivery is spot on.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
sounds wicked! not changing subject of the thread but im hoping to get spots downpipe and cat and full sysem miltech exhaust put on my cupra did you notice much increase from full system performance wise and noise??

BIGAR

CHESTERFAIRIAN
Feb 5, 2006
CHESTERFAIRIANLAND
Yep, get full system noise is spot on not to loud but loud enough sounds the dogs when you boot it, the note will change slightly once you have bedded it in,
I had phase 2 done at the same time as having the full system so hard to tell initially on the performance, but I did have to put my old system back on for a week and the difference was crazy throttle response was dull and it was so restricted at the top end of the rev range it was cr$p, I would go as far as to say it is a definite mod if you are looking to get the most out of your car you wont be disappointed, It's not a cheapest mod but if you get the best quality equipment you can always tell.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
ive just purchaced fk coilovers for my motor yesterday so little strung for money but as soon as i have £700 knocking about this is something i cant wait to do have you made your mind up bout the filter and fmic?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i dont want the boyracer noise with really low pitched blow but a sporty noise with burbles ect will be awesome! :)

BIGAR

CHESTERFAIRIAN
Feb 5, 2006
CHESTERFAIRIANLAND
i dont want the boyracer noise with really low pitched blow but a sporty noise with burbles ect will be awesome! :)

Mate it is in now way chav and consider that the full system probably cost more that there car's. I drive up and down the M1 all day and I don't need 1000w stereo to drowned out the sound of the exhaust.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
sounds like what im after do you have the sports downpipe and cat with your full system? glad dont need loud sound system because id much prefer to spend my money on performance than driving around town like a :w4nk: with tunes blairing lol!

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Not sure on this one pal, seat cupra FMIC is tiny and there are a lot bigger one's on theh market, I have green pannel filer already in, and dont the the pd160 intake is any better than the one already on. But thanks all the same.

Sorry i forgot the pd160 intake is the same as the one you have.:) , You will be suprised how big the seat sport FMIC is compared to the forge. the only way to go bigger is get a custom made but i reckon the bumper would need some trimming as there aint alot of room at all

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise