**Breaking** 418.5bhp (Parts list pg24) Joe's (GT3071R) Ibiza Cupra R

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
My rose jointed ones ;)

Those roll bar links break if you look at them wrong.

I did say your old bushes were a little past it.

I've made a new style actuator bracket if you want to try it out for me?

nice joints.
shame I am not allowed to use spherical joints for combe saloons :(

Cupratimmy

Apr 11, 2010
Farnborough, Hampshire
Awesome thread mate loved this car from day one =] Seen you a few times driving to work recently haha!
Oh yea I bumped into one of your mates at farnborough gate the other week carnt remember his name, but he had a red cupra R like yours he had a carbon wrapped bonnet and said he was pushing 250bhp or something he was running a k03s. Said your car is like a fighter jet haha! :D

mc funbot

its a beast its got boost
Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
SAM_0198.jpg

SAM_0201.jpg

SAM_0203.jpg

SAM_0204.jpg

SAM_0205.jpg

SAM_0206.jpg

SAM_0207.jpg

100_1804.jpg

A custom 3" exhaust with 3" custom ceramic coated DP

100_1805.jpg

100_1806.jpg

where did you get the exhaust done an can i be cheeky an ask a price?

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Awesome thread mate loved this car from day one =] Seen you a few times driving to work recently haha!
Oh yea I bumped into one of your mates at farnborough gate the other week carnt remember his name, but he had a red cupra R like yours he had a carbon wrapped bonnet and said he was pushing 250bhp or something he was running a k03s. Said your car is like a fighter jet haha! :D

Hi Tim, I've not been using the car to work as much these days costing too much!!

Ahh that would be Mark he's a Woking lad and most people think he's me. It's pretty fast too!

As for the exhaust Alex made it for his Ibiza and I bought it from him indirectly. Costs undisclosed I'm afraid.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Great project Joe.

Where did you get the rose jointed bits from?

I'm still going to call you Elliott ;) cheers though - yours is looking to be getting exciting!

Rose joints came from my good man Alex.

I would recommend them to anyone, even using the car on the road and daily. It just tightens up the front end and everything feels so sharp. The old bushes were so worn that when I went to get the wheel aligned they weren't even on the scale. Passengers wheel was -1.4 degress of toe in and driver -1. Oops, should of changed those years ago!

One a side note does anyone have any other alternatives for LSD's, obviously Peloquin seem to be at the forefront for the 02J transmission. There's bolt kits for them which need to be purchased too I believe, how much are these?

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Peloquin include all bolt kits etc with thier lsd Joe
Its quaiffe you have to buy the bolt kits seperately

Progress is looking good mate :)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Like I said on the other Readers Ride thread you had this is an amazing car!!

And big respect for doing all the engine work yourself, bet that makes it much more enjoyable and pleasing knowing that you have done the work yourself.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Like I said on the other Readers Ride thread you had this is an amazing car!!

And big respect for doing all the engine work yourself, bet that makes it much more enjoyable and pleasing knowing that you have done the work yourself.

Cheers Craig,

It is a great feeling, however you do learn to listen for every little possible rattle, bang etc and always assume the worst :redface:

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Joe, is your ARB 20mm? If so, where did you get your endlinks from? Seat dealers want a ridic price according to the prices on Vagcat. But the eurocarparts shows some 17mm ones, not sure if they're correct? :confused:

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
They are offset rather than bent.:D

I was going to say they're supposed to be like that ;). Alex you need a new phone I don't think your one work lol!

Joe, is your ARB 20mm? If so, where did you get your endlinks from? Seat dealers want a ridic price according to the prices on Vagcat. But the eurocarparts shows some 17mm ones, not sure if they're correct? :confused:

I think mine is 17mm, they're from the dealers and cost £59 for the pair. eBay have loads of them for around £10 but not sure how good they are. I would of thought yours would be the same.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Go and measure it :)

Also think I am going to sort of strip the car, not completely but I want to do some track days next year so seats, harnesses and cage is on the cards. If anyone knows of anyone wanting Cupra R interior let me know.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise