**Breaking** 418.5bhp (Parts list pg24) Joe's (GT3071R) Ibiza Cupra R

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Slight update - albeit a bad one, the front right stud on the manifold to rubo T25 flange snapped :( not sure when it snapped but it's now blowing nicely. Looks like turbo off jobby and replace all 4 studs for peace of mind...happy days. Pictures to follow.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Here's the pictures of the broken stud.

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9064.jpg

So tomorrow instead of going to a rolling road day with the TT guys I'm probably going to be fixing my stud :cry:

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Cheers LMJ.

Today's progress, the noise was becoming unbearable so this morning I went to my local VW garage and picked up some OEM manifold nuts. Next up was to get the turbo off and get that broken stud out. Managed to do all this in around 5 hours today.

IMG_9068.jpg

IMG_9069.jpg

IMG_9070.jpg

IMG_9071.jpg

New studs - Thanks Alex :thumbup:

IMG_9072.jpg

This is for Morgan as I know he was interested in the EGT probe position in relation to the wastegate etc.

IMG_9074.jpg

All back together with nice shiny nuts :)

IMG_9075.jpg

IMG_9076.jpg

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Cheers Damo ;)

The standard set up was a lot harder to work on than this one in all fairness. Still I spent about 2 hours doing up the 2/3 nuts which weren't easily accessible, the rest was easy peasy :)

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Started fitting - or should I say removing the wishbones. Started well then this happened

IMG_9186.jpg

Drop link for the anti roll bar stud snapped :(

Here's the new wishbones anyway

IMG_9179.jpg

IMG_9182.jpg

IMG_9183.jpg

The old ones

IMG_9185.jpg

This fell out the drivers side wishbone

IMG_9187.jpg

IMG_9188.jpg

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
My rose jointed ones ;)

Those roll bar links break if you look at them wrong.

I did say your old bushes were a little past it.

I've made a new style actuator bracket if you want to try it out for me?

Past it... lol it fell straight out! Looking forward to what it's going to feel like once done.

Yeah sure mate - send it over I'll test it along with Wak's input and report back :)

Weird, this is what I'm just about to do on my car too! Any difficulties with the pivot bolts or anything?

No troubles at all, plenty of WD40 first and they'll be stuff. Was farily difficult removing the actual wishbone from the car but you'll get there. Also heating up the ball joint helped prise it away, watch the CV boot though you don't want to cook it!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.