Wohooo my car is all the same colour again!

cowboys....

People who do stuff like this for a living, should have bloody licenses... its too often you hear of cases like this, and when you go to get it sorted, they don't wanna know...

I had my wing mirror resprayed, and when I got the car back it had silver specks all over the driver side window, and all over the rubber/plastic on the drivers side and windscreen... obv not covered properly.... they took the stuff off, but it was still bloody annoying!

Apr 22, 2010
Leicester
name and shame them! horrible job - they deserve to be avoided! feel sorry for you mate.
after buying jakes old car and seeing his painting skills im sure he can rectify it to a standard you would be happy with!

Mandip

Mar 29, 2009
Milton Keynes
Just for the sake of completeness and for anyone who has read this thread. My car is now finally sorted and is all one colour again!! :clap:

I want to say a big thanks to Jake at Panelcare for the extremely friendly service, its so nice to deal with people who are honest and helpful.

I took my car to Jake this weekend as I was up near rochdale for a wedding so i thought i'd get this sorted at the same time. He offered me a free courtesy car, which meant that I was still able to get around and that really helped.

I dropped my car off on friday morning 9 am and collected it saturday morning at 10am, the car was washed and looking lovely AND most importantly the rear door now matched the rest of the car!!! As I got there so early on the friday and the wedding was on Saturday, it gave me and the misses an opportunity to explore Manchester. So we popped over to the Trafford Shopping Centre, which if you haven't been i would definitely recommend going to see, its huge!!! Loadsa shops, a cinema and loadsa restaurants too.

Now I just need to get the brakes refurbed, alloys refurbed, recon the turbo, kw lowering kit, remap.... the list goes on! :D

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Nice - one - about time too Mandip. I still need to get something done on mine too, but Rochdale is a bit far for me... but who knows, I might just fancy a day trip one day. Any pics to compare what it is now to before?

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
Name and shame!
I learnt about dodgy paint jobs on my first car. The same door (I managed to turn too early in an underground carpark, so dented the door)

Whenever picking up a car, always take a digital flash camera with you. Ideally in the garage take a picture with force flash on with the said panel and rest of car. If you view the image you should be able to see how close the colour match is.

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
what the.........thats is a mess mate, he has to put that right, or foot the bill for a repair job, hes just ruined a good few grand of motor! if he wont give you any joy mate then im afraid its enough of the niceties, either go back to the body shop and take it out on his skull (which would be my route) but probably wont get you anywhere lol, or take plenty of photos, keep any related paperwork, pay for the repair and chase his arse to cover the cost, he cant get away with that!!!! oh and NAME AND SHAME BABY :lol:

revere

Nov 10, 2009
Glasgow
name and shame and take him to the small claims court. However if you've had it fixed then that may not be possible now. Flame the body chop all over the internet !

Mandip

Mar 29, 2009
Milton Keynes
Thanks for all the positive comments and support people (this is why i love this forum), I'm just glad its all sorted now. :D

I will take some pictures of it when then sun comes out (if it ever does) so you can see the difference. But honestly you can't even tell that there were ever any issues with that door now. Jake did a superb job.

As for naming and shaming all I'll say is that it was a sprayer in Milton Keynes. If you live around here and thinking of getting some work done, then PM me and i'll let you know who it was.

shaun.

converted
Mar 26, 2010
leicester
i would definately name and shame mate that is awful and shoddy workmanship any decent bodyshop would have said sorry and sorted it out for you

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
My wifes black ford street ka had exactly the same problem on the passenger door only in direct sunlight the door would be a completely different shade of black it looked so bad, but on a normal day you wouldn't of noticed the difference.

I took it back to the bodyshop and basicly got fed bullshit and told to **** off!!!!! we couldnt afford to sort it at the time so left it. the car has gone now anyway. I would hate that on my LCR mate that is a really bad job as mentioned before they need to be named and shamed!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.