what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I bought a digital thermometer recently to check my A/C temperature, anyway I tried it today, with the A/C set to LO, and the temperature in all the dash vents was 7.9 degrees C, the outside temp was 33 C, it may have gone lower, but I didn't want to wait any longer for the reading to creep down more. Not bad seeing as I've never had it regassed since new, nearly 9 years old.

Attachments

• 20240812_152247.jpg
    20240812_152247.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 53
Aug 8, 2024
Hungary
Hello, dear forum members, this is my newest pickup, and my first Seat (I've mostly used to Fords).

I'm from Hungary, and it's good to have such a large forum online. Today we parked like a real jerk (only for the photo).

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    806.4 KB · Views: 63
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    686.9 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Walone
Oct 2, 2023
I've finally installed Cupra rear spoiler on my Leon! It was lying in my storage for about a year so it was about time for finishing this mod. It is still secured to the car with tapes so it is looking a bit off, but already it looks so much better! Can recommend this modification to everyone, although it's not the cheapest one.

yhXi96T.jpeg

spdgG1Q.jpeg
VNn3qNG.jpeg
How was fitting/ how does it work do you take the normal one off or does it go on top also does the original brake light fit into the spoiler? TIA

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
How was fitting/ how does it work do you take the normal one off or does it go on top also does the original brake light fit into the spoiler? TIA
What do you mean by "you take the normal one off"? By default there is no rear spoiler on MK3 Leon unless you have Aero bodykit. Mine doesn't have it and Cupra spoiler is attached on top of read lid.

Original third brake was removed and Cupra spoiler has some kind of scaffolding that is pushed to the third brake hole and has its own light. Spoiler is attached using 3M tapes (visible on a photo) and I believe with some windshield adhesive. I wasn't installing it on my own so I don't know to much details.

1724416432486.png

Reactions: RyanL299
Oct 2, 2023
What do you mean by "you take the normal one off"? By default there is no rear spoiler on MK3 Leon unless you have Aero bodykit. Mine doesn't have it and Cupra spoiler is attached on top of read lid.

Original third brake was removed and Cupra spoiler has some kind of scaffolding that is pushed to the third brake hole and has its own light. Spoiler is attached using 3M tapes (visible on a photo) and I believe with some windshield adhesive. I wasn't installing it on my own so I don't know to much details.

View attachment 43903
Yes that’s what I meant the thing at the top I have seen one for sale but it doesn’t come with the brake light so I didn’t know if the normal one fits in and in the description it says it has a small crack behind the brake light that you can’t see when the light is in

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Guten Abend...

Bin neu hier und möchte kurz auflisten welche Änderungen mein Leon bekommen hat:

I've retrofitted the assistant camera, i.e. control unit A5, so I'm getting a 2Q0 camera next week and the adapters are already done. The only problem here is the VZE, as this is a SWaP item in the 2Q0 camera.
2) I've retrofitted the virtual cockpit, currently without a navigation card.
3) I have not only upgraded the standard navigation system, but also upgraded the firmware and installed a patch
4) an update for the PDC control unit so that I get the manoeuvring braking function.
5) Glove compartment with LED bulbs.
6) A second LED light installed in the trunk.
7) Reversing camera installed, OEM but not a high version.
8) Insert for the rear bumper in glossy black.
9) Trailer hitch retrofitted with original Seat parts.
10) Lane change assistant and parking assistant retrofitted, with Leon mirror and original Seat glass with LED.
11) Glossy black painted roof rails installed.
12) Fog light grille painted black glossy installed.
13) Black glossy Rieger diffuser.
14) Frameless interior mirror installed.
15) BCM update due to 30 colors of ambient lighting.
16) Door handles with lighting.
17) Cooled glove compartment.
18) Engine cover, drive the 1.4Tsi.
19) Solid chip tuning.
20) Footwell lighting rear
21) Steering wheel heating implemented with the Leon KL steering wheel. 5Q0 Version
22)Touch air conditioning unit
23) Passenger sun visor in black without airbag sticker.

Aug 14, 2024
bit late to this post but any chance of some updated URLs for the front and rear badges please? Really want to do this on my white FR! Thanks! :)

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
Fitted Climair Dark Sports front Wind Deflectors. Rears due on Sunday.

My experience: The fit is millimetre perfect, tint level perfect, severe reduction in water ingress with the window partially open, no additional noise up to 70mph (well, none that I can hear over my music at low volume, nothing I can pinpoint with music off) so they are worth every penny.

PXL_20240904_174331313.jpg

Cubbington

Mar 26, 2024
UK
First service in my ownership...major; oil, all filters (discovered that the previous owner had fitted a K&N panel, so had that replaced with standard), spark plugs and brake fluid change. It could be the placebo effect, but the engine was definitely quieter and pokier, and the brake feel felt smoother on the drive home from the garage.

Fair play to the dealership, who advised not replacing the front discs and pads yet, after I had pretty much given them the go-ahead to do so...glad I didn't as they've quoted £900 for that job!

Also had a couple of niggling things done...the rear passenger door handle has been removed at some point for paintwork and the rubber grommet/seal had creased up so the handle didn't close properly, so that was replaced.

The previous owner had also fitted DSG paddle extensions, but decided to fit them with superglue so they were in a right state as the dealer I bought it from had removed the extensions before I bought it (I've already cleaned a blob of glue off the steering wheel, and replaced the centre console around the gearshift where there was also a blob)…the DSG paddles were just annoying me as they looked terrible from the passenger seat or when looking into the car from the driver's window...OCD I know, but I feel better having remedied the damage done by the previous owner...some people are complete f*cknuggets...

Finally got the correct Osram Dynamic Indicators from Amazon (after no less than 3 sets for an Audi A3, and a counterfeit for another car in the original box being sent!) It's not until you fit those until you realise how dim and almost unseeable in daylight the originals are!

Also finished off the boot, having ordered the spare wheel well and boot floor liner. Can't remember if I'd posted the work in progress fitting Dodomat SQ sound deadening material earlier this year, if not, here ya go!

Removal of the original sound deadening material, as a lot of it was already peeling off the bodywork:

Prep Work.JPG

Bare metal:

Bare Metal.JPG

Dodomat SQ in place (been like this for a couple of months, and the toolkit tray had stick to the exposed bitumen!):

Dodomat SQ.JPG

And finally, the factory finish:

Finished.JPG

Cheers,

Nick

Last edited:

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
already a few days ago, also consider removing the writing

Attachments

• PXL_20240914_155425522.jpg
    PXL_20240914_155425522.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 25

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Last Friday I was helping with installation of heated steering wheel in Leon MK3. Some guy from polish Leon forum asked for instructions and I could not resist to drive to him and offer help. Total installation time took about 2 hours, chatting about cars even more :ROFLMAO:

What was interesting to me is that information about activation/dectivation of heated steering wheel is displaying on Virtual Cockpit. I wonder whether that's because of VC, 5Q1 clock spring (I've got 5Q0 installed in my car) or overall feature of newer "platform" (Leon MK3 from late 2018 onward).

CU77v2x.jpeg

YQLlgGq.jpeg

Reactions: Mo_86
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.