what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Bert_P

Dec 16, 2023
Fitted my replacement fan style heated washer jets, such a huge improvement. While I was under there I got a few fresh engine bay snaps too! 😍

20231216_230600.jpg

Bert_P

Dec 16, 2023
Is Ramair a good brand of induction kits? I was looking at an MST one but a Ramair one is available locally for me and Ive never heard of them.
As soon as I bought the car I was certain I wanted a RamAir cold air intake. Managed to find one with turbo elbow for sale so was perfect for me. I wanted open intake also as the noise from them is awesome. Loves of suck and blow! 😂😂 It's honestly personal preference, I prefer the look and sound of the RamAir but some love enclosed style like R600. I would definitely recommend the one I have.

Reactions: Ruhel™

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Some examples of the various options

1/ Stock intake
1.jpg

2/ R600
2.jpg

3/ Revo Stage 1 open cone filter
3.jpg

4/ Revo Stage 3 Carbon Fibre airbox (uses stock bottom end)
4.jpg

5/ Revo Stage 3 open cone
5.png

6/ Modified Revo kit
Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 23-58-27 theoldboy - 2.0 TSI Cupra 280cv.png

Best air filter is still the R600 but no noise although you can just use the open cone version but as with all open cone ones you get great noise but suffer with heat soak, for me tis all a personal choice what you want from the looks/sound and performance

Ruhel™

Nov 19, 2023
England
So purchased the MST Intake as it was on offer. Hopefully, it will arrive soon.
By sheer luck, someone 10 minutes away was selling a dump valve on FB, didn't even know I wanted one till I saw it on there and I thought, why not?
So fit this earlier today.

PXL_20231223_145434691.jpg
(Need to give the engine bay a proper clean)

Unfortunately, the blanking plate was missing so 35 mins on the 3D printer, and I had a solid blanking plate.
PXL_20231223_145748251.jpg
I have some red brake callipers (2nd hand) being delivered to install, but had some red calliper paint spare so gave the old ones a few coats to see how it would look. Not bad IMO.
PXL_20231223_160358628.jpg
Ruhel™

Reactions: Bert_P

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Did a bit of fault finding on the blue one, ABS sensor on the other side this time.

Also noticed the airbag module has fault: "Component protection active"
Popped up last week, anyone had anything similar?

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Waved goodbye to it yesterday

An hour later I went to pick up my new car

So far the dash cam install was far easier in the Leon

I know fuel won't be as good as the fr, but I'm doing less and less miles these days

cf0e7200fbc221e5debc7525ba73907b.jpg

02c97fafa2314a64b561a6feed934226.jpg

42b74149f9acd7139253112bb61c6302.jpg

1138c109e81661610364ab91fca1041a.jpg

54d384dc6303f14bd8faeececf575850.jpg

282dfc4e4dabe3b07c3f63743ef7f801.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
05f9d2eb88b08a9a9a8709c299b46357.jpg

Last edited:

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
Waved goodbye to it yesterday

An hour later I went to pick up my new car

So far the dash cam install was far easier in the Leon

I know fuel won't be as good as the fr, but I'm doing less and less miles these days

cf0e7200fbc221e5debc7525ba73907b.jpg
02c97fafa2314a64b561a6feed934226.jpg
42b74149f9acd7139253112bb61c6302.jpg
307ed890fac3101c0d04e89d7c7e1d3e.jpg
1138c109e81661610364ab91fca1041a.jpg
54d384dc6303f14bd8faeececf575850.jpg
282dfc4e4dabe3b07c3f63743ef7f801.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Nice enjoy!

Reactions: zeffania

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014
Bought 4 new tyres for it, discs and pads next and suppose I may keep it another while

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
Think I may have noticed an issue with my radiator, that I’ve been monitoring a bit.

Doesn’t seem to turn on at all even at low speed when engines at temperature.
Had noticed via live data from obd, that coolant has reached 105c - even though dash says 90 still.

And the fans aren’t kicking in at all.

Did an output test couple weeks back and h the fan definitely worked but not triggering.

No fault codes, am I overthinking it? I would have thought the fan would come on even at low speed.

Also on these car is there a sure way to tell coolant is actually fluctuating and going into the radiator? Someone said check if the top radiator hose is hot or

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Think I may have noticed an issue with my radiator, that I’ve been monitoring a bit.

Doesn’t seem to turn on at all even at low speed when engines at temperature.
Had noticed via live data from obd, that coolant has reached 105c - even though dash says 90 still.

And the fans aren’t kicking in at all.

Did an output test couple weeks back and h the fan definitely worked but not triggering.

No fault codes, am I overthinking it? I would have thought the fan would come on even at low speed.

Also on these car is there a sure way to tell coolant is actually fluctuating and going into the radiator? Someone said check if the top radiator hose is hot or
Afraid I can't help on the engine temps as my motor has been modified to also keep temps down.
However what I can confirm the coding of the temp guage is that it will show 90 even when temps are higher till a set value then it will go up, personally I have never hit that stage but I have certainly seen over 90

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
Afraid I can't help on the engine temps as my motor has been modified to also keep temps down.
However what I can confirm the coding of the temp guage is that it will show 90 even when temps are higher till a set value then it will go up, personally I have never hit that stage but I have certainly seen over 90
Yeah I knew the gauge doesn’t display the true temperature.

Just odd that the fans not kicked in, and only kicks in when the AC is set to high.

Can’t remember last time it kicked in, recall when I first got it, I used to sometimes hear it after a long drive.

Think highest I’ve seen is 108c from live data and it’s not even come for a slow speed. - I think 110 is when the gauge on board will go up, so pretty close.

But I’ll monitor again this week and see, just when googling seems generally by 105c is when you’d expect the fan to kick in

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Today I got my car's original digital instrument cluster replaced with the Revision A cluster, which has two new views. The one with the squared off dials is turned on by default, the other with the central tacho needs to be enabled by a diagnostics device, as most of you probably know already. There are other minor improvements, such as the time display is located at the right side instead of the center, and always shown. This is a change for the better because the recognised traffic signs were depicted at the same location and obscuring the time. Another nice change is that the numbers in the tachometer are not shown as revs/100 anymore, they changed it to revs/1000 and this is the way it should be right from the start, I believe.

I bought the new cluster from our local authorized dealer and I trusted them with the installation and coding procedure, knowing that they are never proficient at software-related stuff. They coded the keys with the new immobilizer in the cluster, transferred the odometer and long coding from the old one without any problem but there were a lot of error codes in almost all control units after the installation. They eliminated those one by one but I thought it would be more straightforward than this. I really don't know whether they followed the correct procedures. In the end, there was an error left in the ACC control unit and two other errors, one in the ABS, one in the engine. We think these last two are related to the ACC error. Tomorrow I'll go to the garage who retrofitted the ACC in my car, hoping they would be able to clear the errors.

In the meantime, I noticed two things that I'd like to ask around here: First, there was a g-meter (acceleration) gauge before, that could be placed at the center of the dials in the main view, via the instrument cluster settings in the infotainment screen. This gauge is missing from the new cluster. I would expect more features from the new cluster, not losing some of them! I saw an "accelerator display" item in dashboard adaptations in OBDeleven that was inactive and set it to active but it didn't change anything.

I'd be more than happy if you could share what extra information items your setup has, other than the ones my car already has, (Range, road signs, driver assistance, travelling time, distance, consumption and audio). The items I'm talking about are the ones that could be placed at the center of dials.

The other thing is that I still have two sub-views (as can be seen on the third photo) that I could save my selections for those information items. The most of the Leon instrument cluster videos I watched on YouTube show units with three sub-views. (SEAT calls everything 'views' confusingly but I call these 'sub-views' to distinguish them from the main views) I thought that it was a feature of the revised cluster but it seems that isn't the case. I'd like to find out what brings that 3 sub-view feature, an update to the infotainment firmware, maybe?
01176632cc3199676b1b7162e9323e0d.jpg
746a9937ec469601a731621997645feb.jpg
33159c74b586b3e628403a3cd18ac5a2.jpg

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: zeffania

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Fitted my huge concoction of brake parts:
- Aston Martin DB9 Calipers
- HEL braided lines
- Audi RS3 carriers
- RacingLine floating bells
- Reyland Motorsport custom machined 370mm plain discs
- VCDS coding for 370mm setup

Just need to modify my TTRS disc guards, or buy later RS3 guards now!

sLvibf0.jpg

LFGm8Ba.jpg

DwUFn3B.jpg

Should really clean the car!

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Fitted my huge concoction of brake parts:

- VCDS coding for 370mm setup
What coding did you do and do you think it actually makes any difference. The reason I ask is I have asked Revo in the past and they said they never did any coding.

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
What coding did you do and do you think it actually makes any difference. The reason I ask is I have asked Revo in the past and they said they never did any coding.

The only coding that is different from say a Leon Cupra with regular 340mm front brakes, vs a Sub8 package Cupra with 370mm Brembo's is in the ABS coding from what I've found. I changed byte 4 and 17 (mirror of 4). I used the amazing ABS coding spreadsheet created by multiple ross tech users. Here is the relevant Byte so you can see what I mean.
Screenshot 2024-01-10 143927.png

I can't remember my old coding as mine was an FR with 312mm brakes originally - but I'm now running C4 as Byte 4, and then that mirrored in Byte 17, which is 23.

I couldn't tell you if it felt different as I did the coding at the same time as the hardware swap, but the general consensus is that you get a firmer pedal feel. I'd like to say I would go and try it back to back each coding, but I have so many other bits to do on the car that would be a low priority.

For what its worth, it may have some effect on the ESP / XDS side of things, as we know the car can apply braking pressure to each caliper individually in an out of control spin scenario. Now that I'm running substantially larger front brakes than stock, and small rears, the ESP would certainly need to behave differently to effectively correct a spin (or attempt to!).

I'd say on the safety side of things alone, a company such as Revo should be offering a complete package including relevant coding, considering its something that is absolutely possible to do.

This is my opinion though and should be taken with a pinch of salt, its not like you're telling your ABS coding what brake pads you're running, which can and does also have a dramatic effect on your braking performance!!

Last edited:

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
The only coding that is different from say a Leon Cupra with regular 340mm front brakes, vs a Sub8 package Cupra with 370mm Brembo's is in the ABS coding from what I've found. I changed byte 4 and 17 (mirror of 4). I used the amazing ABS coding spreadsheet created by multiple ross tech users. Here is the relevant Byte so you can see what I mean.
View attachment 40078

I can't remember my old coding as mine was an FR with 312mm brakes originally - but I'm now running C4 as Byte 4, and then that mirrored in Byte 17, which is 23.

I couldn't tell you if it felt different as I did the coding at the same time as the hardware swap, but the general consensus is that you get a firmer pedal feel. I'd like to say I would go and try it back to back each coding, but I have so many other bits to do on the car that would be a low priority.

For what its worth, it may have some effect on the ESP / XDS side of things, as we know the car can apply braking pressure to each caliper individually in an out of control spin scenario. Now that I'm running substantially larger front brakes than stock, and small rears, the ESP would certainly need to behave differently to effectively correct a spin (or attempt to!).

I'd say on the safety side of things alone, a company such as Revo should be offering a complete package including relevant coding, considering its something that is absolutely possible to do.

This is my opinion though and should be taken with a pinch of salt, its not like you're telling your ABS coding what brake pads you're running, which can and does also have a dramatic effect on your braking performance!!
Thanks for that,
In my case I am running 380mm disk's and to be fair I spoke with revo and they confirmed they found no need for any coding (and when i look in OBD11 label file it also does not show 380mm) but I have messed around with the straight ahead stabilization and changing the brake booster force settings. Revo view seems to be they found no benefit and to be fair the brakes do stop the car very well.

Bert_P

Dec 16, 2023
Dropped my wheels off for powder coating. Got loaner wheels overnight! Shoddy old Audi rims 😂

Had a look at the tires while they were getting taken off, and I'm glad I did! Rear passenger side had a flat spot and cracked part up the middle of the tire!! Luckily was able to source a PS4S to arrive tomorrow to replace it! Hopefully that explains the noise which I thought was a wheel bearing.

20240110_171350.jpg
20240110_171404.jpg

Giuseppe Busso

Ioannis
Jan 29, 2021
Greece
View attachment 40078

May I have this coding sheet?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.