SOS Error

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
Our infotainment is running two separate software. For better imagination, you can call 16XX software as the operating system and software updates via red dot or infotainment is an application running the infotainment. The operating system could be only updated by garage.
Thanks. I might update it anyway.

Apr 21, 2022
Have just got back from my local dealer after a third visit to try and fix this issue on my late 2020 Leon (KLZ MR02XXXX) and, after them having the car for nearly two days and running lots of updates I’m pleased to say that so far the issue appears to be resolved. No pops or errors where I would usually get them.

I’ve now got 1896 and there’s quite a few improvements to the UI too, definitely much better to use for heating and radio etc.

Reactions: kopeczech

Piles

Apr 11, 2022
Sorry if this has been answered, but I'm struggling to find a definitive answer.
For the update of the infortainment system, is this done only by the dealer, and is it free? And are their limits to it?
Its for a 2021 FR E-Hybrid.
I noticed that in the system settings, it does say update when looking at the version, but I can't see it do anything when pressed.
Thanks in advance

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
London
As longest your car is between the range of affected VIN number you should have a free update in your SEAT garage

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Have just got back from my local dealer after a third visit to try and fix this issue on my late 2020 Leon (KLZ MR02XXXX) and, after them having the car for nearly two days and running lots of updates I’m pleased to say that so far the issue appears to be resolved. No pops or errors where I would usually get them.

I’ve now got 1896 and there’s quite a few improvements to the UI too, definitely much better to use for heating and radio etc.
Our car is a later 2020 Leon (1672 software) and it's in at the dealer at the moment hopefully being upgraded to 1896. It will be interesting to see whether the upgrade fixes the SOS errors, Air Bag warnings and Sat Nav glitches.

Awkward Turtle

Apr 22, 2022
First Post feeling :D Hello :wave:

I've got my Leon (KLZ MR01XXXX) going into the garage on the 26th for some small niggles - I've mentioned the software issues (SOS etc) keeping everything crossed that 1896 can be installed. Currently on 1672

Piles

Apr 11, 2022
Your VIN number is on your windscreen passenger site or door sticker driver site.

LEON (KL)
VSSZZZKLZLR000334 to VSSZZZKLZLR014785
Oh, thats a pooper, so because mine isn't between those numbers I'm not entitled to have it updated? Mine is VSSZZZKLZNR0*****

Awkward Turtle

Apr 22, 2022
Oh, thats a pooper, so because mine isn't between those numbers I'm not entitled to have it updated? Mine is VSSZZZKLZNR0*****
That’s what i thought when the range of applicable VIN’s for the 1896 update were announced, but it looks like @hants164 has the KLMRXXXX not the KLZLRXXXX which is what the TPI update referred to. Be interesting to see what i get on 26th as an owner of KLMRXXXX

Apr 21, 2022
Has anyone who’s had the 1896 update had any issues with their LED headlights? My dipped beam is so low now that it feels really dangerous to drive on the motorway at night and, to my knowledge, LEDs are self adjusting and there’s nothing I can change? Booked back in with local dealer this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
The infotainment update shouldn't of changed the headlights, unless they were updated too. Your dealer should be able to tell you what was updated.

When starting the car up at night do the headlights still do the up and down leveling adjustment. You can see it if parked facing a wall they dip down then back up

Apr 21, 2022
The infotainment update shouldn't of changed the headlights, unless they were updated too. Your dealer should be able to tell you what was updated.

When starting the car up at night do the headlights still do the up and down leveling adjustment. You can see it if parked facing a wall they dip down then back up

The dealer did say they updated just about every control module on the car, updates were running for about 22 hours straight.

No, they don’t go up and down. I think they used to but we also have an Ateca which definitely does so I may be confusing that.

This is the beam pattern I have now, for reference I reckon the white lines are roughly 1m long each so I think dipped beam is cutting off about 6-8m in front of the car. Does not feel safe at all at 70mph!

75b75dd74ad3ac86f0010a054ebdbfb3.jpg

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Looks like they are stuck in the lowest position. Might be a broken update or a problem with sensors on the suspension.

Doubt this will make any difference but more for my curiosity, does it still happen after leaving the car parked up and off for 30+ mins?

Apr 21, 2022
Looks like they are stuck in the lowest position. Might be a broken update or a problem with sensors on the suspension.

Doubt this will make any difference but more for my curiosity, does it still happen after leaving the car parked up and off for 30+ mins?

I can only assume it was the update as they have been working fine up until I got it back from the dealer on 21st.

I first noticed it about a week ago but it was only a short journey and I was driving in residential areas with streetlights so wasn’t very obvious. Definitely felt like something wasn’t quite right, though.

Only on Friday night did we take it out for a proper run and went on a dual carriageway where there was no street lighting, that’s where the shot above came from.

So, yes, there has definitely been at least 30+ mins of the car being off since I first noticed it and no difference sadly.

I’ll let you know what the dealer says tomorrow. On the plus side the SOS error hasn’t returned since I got it back so they’ve finally fixed that, but broken something else by the looks of it

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
London
My car is in today so I will post my experience later on. I did error scan before as I'm curious how many units will gets updated afterwards.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members