Sorry (remap content) - APR or REVO ?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I have Revo 1..
would admit the map is aggressive at low rev range and you can have plenty of wheel spin if you just plant your foot. BUT, with dog bone mount upgrade and practical adaption to driving style you will have plenty of fun throughout rev range without burning rubber.

Does it still pull strongly at the higher end of the rev range though? Or does it feel like it's starting to drop off a bit?

Deleted member 14928

I am in a very similar situation and seriously looking to get mine remapped, but dont want the low down kick. i would prefer to have it smoother lower down but pull like an idiot when its driven hard (if that makes sence) that way you can still drivei it smoothly if you want to.

By the looks of it the APR map seems more suited to what i want. has anyone got experience of the jabbasport remap (either the normal or customised one)

Jadams

I bit the bullet this morning and had a revo stage 1 map on my 2001 cupra, the guy who did the remap set it up as below:

Boost 6
Throttle Response 9

I was previosuly boosting at approx 10 psi (reading from my auotmeter boost gauge) and had to wait until about 2.5k rpm before I could boot it and feel any pull.

It now boosts at approx 13-14 psi (3rd gear at approx 5K rpm).

I have to say even though the programme is still adapting it feels like a completely different car in that at 2k rpm there is a huge but smooth/progessive delivery of power all the way up to 5.5K rpm.

It was wet this morning and and the traction light was flashing like a christmas tree, however I am running on sh*te tyres.

Next is a nice set of 18's and some F1's to plant the additional prower.

I chose Revo as the dealer I used is 15 minutes down the road. Couldn't hold out or afford to get Miltek and custom.

Anyway my few pennies!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Thanks for that mate :)

Does it definitely pull strongly up to the higher end of the rev range? And if you're at higher revs and you put your foot down, does it take off with more speed than previously?

Banana Man

Team Banana
Apr 24, 2006
Kent
www.teambanana.org
Does it still pull strongly at the higher end of the rev range though? Or does it feel like it's starting to drop off a bit?

Oh compared to stock it's a different animal throughout the rev range.

ie: Cruising at 80 down the track in 6th with revs at 3500 I still get a nice kick in the back when I accelerate further.

I am running a boost of 9 at the mo on 99 tesco.
Big difference between 95 prog and 98 prog on revo switch.

I will be upgrading my sps2 to sps3 if you guys interested??

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire
Thanks for that mate :)

Does it definitely pull strongly up to the higher end of the rev range? And if you're at higher revs and you put your foot down, does it take off with more speed than previously?

Hi Rob,

I had my Revo upgraded on Friday to the latest version (@ Stealth Racing in Southam), previously I had a 4 year old version.

Really big difference with the new code, I actually think the new code is more aggressive but the power comes on later and remains on through the whole rev range.

I don't have experience of any other remaps so can't compare, but the Revo map is great fun, has certainly put the fear into a few of my mates... ;)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Cheers Gnollins, appreciate that :)

Did you ever get your car onto a rolling road after being Revo'd? If so, what figures did you get?

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire
Cheers Gnollins, appreciate that :)

Did you ever get your car onto a rolling road after being Revo'd? If so, what figures did you get?

I haven't had my LCR rolling roaded yet, it was the previous owner that originally Revo'd it.

I think that the newer map is noticeably kicking out more power tho. If there's an RR day in the midlands soon then I'll take my motor along.

JPM

By the looks of it the APR map seems more suited to what i want. has anyone got experience of the jabbasport remap (either the normal or customised one)

I had mine LC remapped at Jabba three weeks ago. I went for the normal remap (£375). It has made a dramatic diference throughout the rev range - power delivery on mine is still very smooth, although yes it's a bit aggressive in first gear. I don't think this is an issue when you're used to it. I'd recommend Jabba - the diference their remap made to my car is amazing - really friendly people as well!

Jadams

Rob,

Had another go in the motor today, and can feel a tiny let off at the top end.

I was told that whilst the programme is still adapting it can feel like it is holding back a bit at the top.

In terms of booting it with the revs up, this is where I felt the biggest difference. Held it at 3k in 2nd and then booted it and the deliver of power definately took me back, more so than putting your foot down from start (progressive). Did the same in 3rd and noticed I was a tad over the limitl!

Have a got a trip up the M4 mid week so should be able to put it through its paces, traffic permitting.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Thanks again Jadams, it definitely sounds like what I wanted to hear. Just need to find the money now.... :lol:

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
Have a look Here

It's awesome's website with rolling road graphs showing plenty of different comparisons APR/Revo etc.....on same rollers, same day.
Look hard enough and you'll find a few of mine in there;)

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
JU that was interesting mate, nice one for posting that. Just a quicke question after looking at that, on the APR st2 remap, would 30lbs difference in torque mean there is a problem at all? say one car hit 265lbs and the red lcr on there was hitting nearly 300lbs, same WHP thou. All the same mods. Just different days, different driver, and road accounting for that amount of difference, or car problems?????? i really dont understand RR readouts that well im afraid.
cheers

MATT

and also, do awesome run the LCR's in third or fourth?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I don't trust those results to be honest. Some of the cars I was looking at had about 5bhp difference between the power at the wheels and the power at the clutch!

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
Looking at the Leons (for example) they all seem to have around 15bhp losses:shrug:
Awesomes rollers are single roller, unlike most others which are 2 roller designs. I think that's why the losses are less.
I've had 4 runs on them with consistent results (although different states of tune) every time.
I think what it does show is that they all remap to around the same regardless of tuner, all that differs is the delivery.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.