Sorry (remap content) - APR or REVO ?

MancBen

Does anyone know how the APR compares to the REVO remap ? ie what are their characteristics ? ....I would prefer to go with one of these options, as they are both local to me.

I am concerned that my 04 LCR seems a bit breathless at the top end (compared to my previous revvy n/a engines - this was was always likely to be the case I suppose).

I understand that the REVO kicks hard down the range but I want something which will hold the power longer and harder at the topend too. I am not going to change mechanicals, so bigger turbo, intercooler etc are not on the agenda.

... I know there is loads of stuff on the forum about these re-maps. But no direct comparison. Anyway, your experiences are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben :)

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
ive got the full APR stage one program.
seems to produce good enough smooth delivery of power especially at the to end.
not very strong at take offs at the light.
my mates revo has a bit of a crocodile snap response.

it depends on what you like.
get a free trial of both starting with the REVO and then APR and see which on tickles your fancy.

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
As above.

The revo tends to be a lot more agressive low down i've found, where as the APR is a bit more progressive and smooth throughout more of the rev range, basically trying to give an OE type drive to it but with more power.

At the end of the day it is very much a personal thing, so as Shady-Ninja said, give them both a try and see which one you prefere the most :)

MancBen

As above.

The revo tends to be a lot more agressive low down i've found, where as the APR is a bit more progressive and smooth throughout more of the rev range, basically trying to give an OE type drive to it but with more power.

At the end of the day it is very much a personal thing, so as Shady-Ninja said, give them both a try and see which one you prefere the most :)

Interesting Andy. I don't suppose you have any power graphs do you ? Or a link to somewhere that does, so I can compare to the REVO graph.

Also how much for APR stage I, plus a Forge 007P and new panel filter ? (All in, fitted, Inc VAT). I'm only in South Manchester, so not far to travel

Many Thanks !
Ben :)

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
I am looking at a similar thing, i don't want the "crocodile snap response" of the revo, i just want similar power delivery to what i have got, but more of it !!

Am looking at APR and Custom-Code.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I was all set on Revo until the past few days. All of a sudden a few 'what remap' threads have cropped up (a few more than usual, I mean) and have had very similar comments about Revo giving a hefty kick in the back low down when you plant it, but not being very progressive or offering as much at the higher end of the rev range.

Does that sound about right?

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hi Rob

APR and Revo can offer FREE trails , it could be worth thrying them to see what you think , the other thing you can do is to go to a few meets and see about possibly having a spin in their car

Sarah

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Cheers for the advice Sarah, but with all due respect, there is no chance in hell I'm having a trial put on my car unless the dealer promises to flash the standard ECU software back on after :)

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Wackojacko..... We have an APR dealer who i think should be fairly close to you (as long as my geography isnt too bad!) they are called AVIT in slough.

MancBen.... I dont have any graphs to hand unfortunately. A total cost for stage 1, forge DV and a pipercross panel filter supplied and fitted would work out at £585 all in

MancBen

MancBen.... I dont have any graphs to hand unfortunately. A total cost for stage 1, forge DV and a pipercross panel filter supplied and fitted would work out at £585 all in

Cheers Andy... probably see you this spring :yes:

Nov 28, 2006
I've tried both the Revo (in my old LC) and the APR in my LCR (thanks to Andy at Awesome :D ). APR is, IMO, the better remap for the car. The Revo was very much on and off and delivered a huge slug of power, great fun though.

The APR is much more progressive but gives amazing overtaking power in 3rd, 4th and 5th. Much more like the orginal set-up. You don't get that power kick like the Revo but you can certainly tell when it kicks in :clap:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Does Revo still pull strongly to the top of the rev range though? Or is it all over quite quickly and feeling strangled at the top?

Nov 28, 2006
It's a while since I had the Revo remap, it was on my old LC. As I remember it still pulled all the way to the top.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Glad this thread came up, been meening to ask this for a while but didnt want to get flamed for it....sounds like the APR remap is a good one to go for on what has been stated, i dont think the power at the bottom end of the rev range in the LCR will help of the mark as it spins like hell anyway, so i would prefur the power to come in mid range....

oh i found this...APR STG 1 graph.

http://www.performancedriven.co.uk/media/apr.graphs/6.gif

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
That graph doesn't look right... to me it looks as tough they have put the Torque and Horsepower headers on the wrong graphs? Torque looks like what I'd expect Horsepower to look like, and Visa-Versa.

Or am I just going mental.... :blink:

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
see you say that i reckon the current revo codes are a lot less aggressive due to the complaints people made about them i would say the older ones were very aggressive but if you take the one i had on my car before stage 2 i had to put it on boost 9 timing 8 to see any real notice in power, apparently revo had problems with lots of young lads getting hold of leons and putting their settings on b9 t9 not knowing what they were doing and causing damage running these settings constantly

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
i had a demo of revo put on, it was very aggressive at the bottom end and produced a lot of spin,

could i get a demo of the new version? or is it one demo and out?
wouldn't mind checking out the new revo map

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
there isnt a new map i would just say the maps of 3-4 years ago are slightly different to the ones of today

Banana Man

Team Banana
Apr 24, 2006
Kent
www.teambanana.org
I have Revo 1..
would admit the map is aggressive at low rev range and you can have plenty of wheel spin if you just plant your foot. BUT, with dog bone mount upgrade and practical adaption to driving style you will have plenty of fun throughout rev range without burning rubber.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.