Smoked Seat Leon side repeaters?

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
Rick - they look like the ones Allan had quality issues with - you have any simmilar problems?

My repeaters (same as Damos) turned up this morning, so will be putting them on at the weekend.

Might be tempted to swap for the darker ones though.

Sorry buddy your last comment confused me....:think:

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
no theyre top quality

bought from http://www.abcdesignltd.com/Product...keId=22&CatMasterId=4&Category=Side Repeaters

came with orange bulbs and fit perfect,

what issues did he have ?

They didn't fit all all. The bulb holder would not go past the narrow tube. I cut this part off the back of the repeater then had to melt a small groove on each side for the bulb holder to fit.

Great until I put them into the car and then they would not sit flush, too many bumps in the poorly made plastic for them to sit straight.

Rick do you have a photo of the back of them?. I'm not sure if the bulb holders are the same on the newer teardrop mirror LCR.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I bought some genuine VW MK4 Golf ones off eBay for £3! I guess its the luck of the draw!

Also, don't waste your money on silvatec bulbs, buy some amber bulbs from a motor factor (not Halfords or your local petrol station) and spray them with one coat of silver paint. You don't need to scratch any marks into them, just put them in once they're dry. They'll work just like the silvatecs, but they'll cost you a shedload less. I've been doing it for years, they've passed MOTs and everything :)

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
My bulbs only cost £1.99 (silvatec replicas)so probably as cheap as a tin of paint and I've heard of the heat burning the paint of the home made painted ones ;)

Your post is maybe evidence that this isn't always true. What paint do you use? Also, I wouldn't buy the silvatecs as they are well overpriced!!!

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
They didn't fit all all. The bulb holder would not go past the narrow tube. I cut this part off the back of the repeater then had to melt a small groove on each side for the bulb holder to fit.

Great until I put them into the car and then they would not sit flush, too many bumps in the poorly made plastic for them to sit straight.

Rick do you have a photo of the back of them?. I'm not sure if the bulb holders are the same on the newer teardrop mirror LCR.

nope direct fit took 5 mins to do

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Tom my original ones that I sprayed were from an MK4 golf, they didn't fit.

That would explain the straight fit Rik had and you Tom. The newer 225 LCR with the tear drop mirrors has a different size bulb holder. Much fatter than the other ones. :(

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
sorry to bring up such and old thread but can you put LED bulbs into these? the Fiesta mk6 ones?? if so, what size are they?

Not tried it one mine as I used the silvertechs but LED 501 wedge should fit fine as long as they have a norrow head. I'm not sure the 9/12 LED would fit due to their size. 4/6's should be ok but wait and see if someone has fitted these.

Seat til I die

Lap Record Holder
Oct 14, 2007
so without tralling through 11 pages of blinking (geddit??) side repeater waffle was there any conclusive winner of the smoked indicator category that didnt involve buying silver paint from halfords?? (jus asking cus i want to get some smoked ones in pronto... its all the rage!! :redface:)

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
i think the reason for buying silver paint from halfrauds is to paint the actual bulb, so that it dosent stand out - behind the smoked lense - as much as the orange bulbs would