Revo'd Ibiza Cupra 1.8T vs Stock LCR?

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
Off the line which would get the better?

I think the ibiza would have about 207bhp and its lighter, but the leon has bigger tyres and a bit more grunt.

T. Spark

blackturbo said:
Depends if its a 180 Non R, 210 or 225. Standard a Biza Cupra would keep with a 180 I would think . Revo'd the Ibiza would spank all 3

Id imagine he means the 210 + 225 as he said LCR, my remapped PD130 is faster than a LC upto 110ishmph.

grq

Giggity
Jun 9, 2005
I'm tempted to buy a MK4 Cupra 1.8T and was wondering what performance would be like against the 225 LCR

flashbsd

a remapped ibiza (doesnt have to have revo you know!) will always kill a stock LCR 210/225, a mapped one keeps with mapped LCR's, running approx 280bhp so theres still nothing in it there! power to weight and the fact the ibiza has 5 gears gives it the edge in midrange

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Rokerlad said:
Revo'd Ibiza v Revo'd LCR = Game Over.

really usefull sentence that?!? :happy:

be nothing in it both remapped i reckon most 1/4mile times reflect this

mk4 cupra would be similar, more power than a stock mk3 but also heavier slightly. only slightly quicker if at all on the road

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
a mate has a jabbad beeza and we had some drag fun (not cross dressing) and hell was it fast, mine is standard

chipped beezas do fly his was 200 ish bhp mine bigger car 2 more doors with 10 bhp more .

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
acidstrato said:
really usefull sentence that?!? :happy:

be nothing in it both remapped i reckon most 1/4mile times reflect this

mk4 cupra would be similar, more power than a stock mk3 but also heavier slightly. only slightly quicker if at all on the road
Er... :no: How many Ibiza's with JUST remap have run a 14.0 1/4 mile???

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
flashbsd said:
a remapped ibiza (doesnt have to have revo you know!) will always kill a stock LCR 210/225, a mapped one keeps with mapped LCR's, running approx 280bhp so theres still nothing in it there! power to weight and the fact the ibiza has 5 gears gives it the edge in midrange
Have to disagree mate.. A mapped Ibiza will be as quick as a standard LCR upto a certain point yeah.. But kick it I think not.. As for a mapped one keeping with a mapped LCR.. Behave!!! :blink:

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
RickC said:
a mate has a jabbad beeza and we had some drag fun (not cross dressing) and hell was it fast, mine is standard

chipped beezas do fly his was 200 ish bhp mine bigger car 2 more doors with 10 bhp more .
In all fairness though mate.. Yours is a near enough standard 210 with about 8 tons of ICE and 40 million inch rims on it.. So it isn't going to be as quick as a standard LCR, let alone a remapped Beeza..
Like the drag joke though.. lol :lol:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
cant point out any myself but when your only talking about 0.2-0.4s difference that could equate to anything....hardly noticable! especially if it was on the road

honestly if u think a remapped ibiza would only be able to keep up with a stock lcr then u need to be sedated!

Last edited:

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
That's where you're wrong again mate.. From what i've seen, a Beeza with JUST remap, have been running somewhere between 14.7-15 secs at Pod @ about 92-94mph. Where as a Remapped LCR is capable of a low 14's (or 14.0) @ about 98-100mph.. 7-8 tenths and 6mph on the road will be a good few car lengths mate, believe me!!!
At the end of the day, a STANDARD Ibiza cupra or Cupra R isn't as quick as a STANDARD LCR. So why would a remapped Ibiza be as quick as a Remapped LCR???

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.