Revo'd Cupra Mk4 180 Clutch Slip

AoS

It is mine, all mine.....
Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
Revo'd Cupra Mk4 180 Clutch Slip

Hey guys, urgent one, just test drove the above, it has 26k on the clock, 54 plate and it has a stage 1 Revo, but it is clutch slipping in 4th and 5th gear..
Stealer reckons it will pass once it has warmed up as it has been sitting there for a few weeks, something bout the springs need to heat up:wtf: also the EPC light is flashing on and off...

Any idea's or is he having a laugh!

I think I know what your going to say!

AoS

AoS

It is mine, all mine.....
Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
yea thats what I thought.... So if anyone is looking to buy one don't get it from Part Exchange Centre in Horsham....:think:

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
So roughly how much would a replacement clutch set you back? parts and labour?

Also can anyone confirm if the TDi and Petrol Cupras share the same clutch?

Last edited:

gazjones

i only had minimal clutch slip in my ibiza 20vt and that had 275ft bls of torque and only slipped after i gave it a real pasting doing silly launches at santa pod or wheel spining it through 3 gears. id say its more than likely been abused within an inch of its life, thats why clutch is on its way out and epc light is coming on!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
sounds a bit iffy to me ive not heard of a 180 cupra with clutch slip i had a harsh map to beguin with (angel tuning) and i never got a hint of slip. take it out for a test drive and make it hot and see if it still does it if it does go back and say you wont seal the deal till the clutch is sorted :shrug:

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea it was actually me that test drove it and I got my bro to post this message while I was still there. The dealer has knocked the price down twice since I drove it yesterday. I'm almost tempted to go back there and ask them to take it to Seat as it still has a couple of months warranty, get a quote to replace the clutch and knock that off the price.

Its a shame cos was quite a nice car otherwise but the clutch felt quite different to my TDi Cupra.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
where abouts in west sussex are you pal? if it is still in dealer waranty just get the tdi and take it to the dealers to have the ckutch replaced under warranty just make sure the revo is switched off ;)

gazjones

clutch wont be done on warrenty, its consumable parts like brake pads and so on. if it does it even now and again on a test drive id say i want it replaced and proof of it having been done! ie putting in cars service history

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I'm in Worthing, the car is in Horsham. No way of turning the Revo off as it didn't have the switch thing with it. I would think they wouldn't replace it under warranty as prob not considered a warrantable item. But if the dealer pays I might re-consider it.

Can't believe he tried to fob me off with this thing about it needing to warm up. I even drove my Cupra up there and parked next to it - they must have the same clutch?

gazjones

will be different clutch so much more torque in the tdi's they have to have stronger clutches i belive

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
design a flux capacitor and travel back in time marty

did it slip on your test drive, ask for another drive and see if slippage is there , if so demand a refund or new clutch

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
tbh i didnt give it major beans, went for a quick drive up the dual carriageway and back. seemed ok but i was a little underwhelmed by its performance. i thought that was due to coming from a 260bhp DC5??

i dont know wether i want it or not now

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
alot, need to 'downscale' a bit for the house/wedding type scenario

Mods

Hondata Kpro ECU
Injen CAI
Hondata IMG
BuddyClub header
Apexi hayabusa Cat back