Removing D/V

Hi,
This is an odd question i know but is it possible to completely remove the d/v on a 1.8t?
Reason i ask is that all the Evo boys do and i helped remove the dump valve on my brothers Evo 5 last night and his car is running alot better.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Rich

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
my guess would be no, not without some serious jiggery pokery. how would you recirc air into the turbo intake without the dv? since the ecu will most likely throw a fit if the gasses are not being recirculated I cant see it being possible. Also, I cant really see what the benefit would be?

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
At the end of the day its there for a reason! You'll completely screw the engine over time, if it works that is!
On similar vein, dont try and remove the DV on a winters day as its very cold and your hands don't work properly meaning removing jubilee clips and trying to put hoses on is painful and time consuming!

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
I did it, worked a treat,
held great boost and didn't lag,
just leave the DV on as a blocker and put a bung in the end that doe into the side of the DV, take of the vacum pipe and put a screw in that -
Bobs your uncle - thats your DV off!

This WILL shorten your turbo life,
but put a cone air filter on it and wait to you hear the chatter! LOVED IT! if i had money to change turbos I'd have kept it!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.