• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Rear Shocks replaced some pics..

MartinThorn

Feb 28, 2024
I think that there is a lesson to learn here for anyone that feels the need to try to be helpful and place a guide to "how it is done" on to a public forum - make sure that all you write is spot on and will make sure that the work carried when following your guide to the letter ends up with a safe working period while doing that task, and a safe car to drive at the end of it.

I seem to remember advising caution to someone years ago, that seemed to be a new member and new to VW Group products, who started creating "how to do it" guides which were not quite fit for public consumption.
Where did I write the phrase 'how it is done'?

It is what I did and so far it is working *for me* and I will follow up the post in 6m to a year to let you know if there's a "told you so". But as I don't rag it and go down bumpy farm tracks I'm confident it will be fine *for me* but we'll see.

If you or anyone else wants to spend more on tools and do it exactly as per Haynes or VAG workshop guide, be my guest and go ahead!

Reactions: Stringster

MartinThorn

Feb 28, 2024
Just to add - I'm not trying to belittle the OP - the guide is still a good one.

I have worked in the industrial fastening business for 20+ years.

We work with the manufacturers when creating fastening strategies for assemblies.

Thanks, I'm fully aware that this is an amateur effort and not a 'how to' guide and thought I'd made that clear in my write up. Some people though can't resist criticism.

Your comments will help the next time they need doing (10yrs if they last as long as the originals), but somehow I suspect the car will be sold or at the scrappie by then..

Reactions: Mo_86
Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)