Rear camera falls out…

Jul 24, 2023
An update. The car was in for MOT a month and half later and the local Cupra garage said they could do the camera then. Took them a week and half as they couldn’t get the system happy when calibrating the new camera. All done and dusted under the warranty and everything working fine now.

I love the Cupra VX2 PHEV estate but happy it’s going back in October. Can’t be doing with issues out of warranty.
Glad you got your camera replaced under warranty, my car was returned at the end of the lease with the camera having been missing for over 9 months and at a stalemate with the dealer (Motorvogue Northampton). The dealer went from "someone must have knocked the camera off" to "it was stolen you should claim on your insurance", which I refused to do as I want my no claims bonus). On returning the car the battery after 3 years was barely holding a charge after only 16k, any cold weather and it would warn it was undercharged you could drive 150 miles and next day, same thing. The 48v "mild hybrid" battery was also warning every so often. Any temp under 4º and the parking sensors would not work, warn of an imminent crash, or claim all safety detection systems were disabled due to a fault. 3 yrs of constant electrical niggles, being stuck on two occasions when despite refusing the OTA updates the car did it all by itself (including blocking some poor sod's driveway for 20 minutes as it turned itself off when it shifted into neutral and park on doing a three point turn).

The dealer service was abysmal.

Reactions: Alan77

Alan77

Oct 5, 2022
Glad you got your camera replaced under warranty, my car was returned at the end of the lease with the camera having been missing for over 9 months and at a stalemate with the dealer (Motorvogue Northampton). The dealer went from "someone must have knocked the camera off" to "it was stolen you should claim on your insurance", which I refused to do as I want my no claims bonus). On returning the car the battery after 3 years was barely holding a charge after only 16k, any cold weather and it would warn it was undercharged you could drive 150 miles and next day, same thing. The 48v "mild hybrid" battery was also warning every so often. Any temp under 4º and the parking sensors would not work, warn of an imminent crash, or claim all safety detection systems were disabled due to a fault. 3 yrs of constant electrical niggles, being stuck on two occasions when despite refusing the OTA updates the car did it all by itself (including blocking some poor sod's driveway for 20 minutes as it turned itself off when it shifted into neutral and park on doing a three point turn).

The dealer service was abysmal.
Wow. I feel for you. I’m glad my experiences have not been anything like that. And I think my wife is glad also, cos I’d have been a nightmare to live with if I had that going on.

I had the screen issues, but 2 updates then permanent ingognito mode seems to have sorted that. The front sensors occasionally don’t work. There is a droning noise when the car is in petrol only mode. Cupra Sunderland were twice asked to look at that but they said no issue. And the battery is good enough for my use. 15-20 miles depending on weather, but I usually do hybrid anyway so the battery is there just for the boost.

I wasn’t impressed with Cupra Sunderland so took it to Cupra Darlington for the camera. Despite it taking a while I’m very happy they fixed it and under warranty.

Onwards and upwards. Better look with your next vehicle!

Reactions: PhilipSEAT
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.