Overheating issue 2009 Leon

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
My Leon 1.9 (built July 2009) has started overheating. Also losing coolant. But I can't for the life of me see where it's going. No water inside. No sign of leaks around the water pump or radiator.
I know overheating has been covered numerous times.
But no matter how I phrase my searches. All videos showing how to flush heater matrix in situ . Or removing the matrix by removing the glovebox look different to mine.
In the engine bay there is a large breather pipe which goes from the bottom of the engine through the MAF sensor (bottom of photo). It won't budge enough to allow me to reach the inlet and outlet pipes.
As for going through the glovebox. Access is just about impossible in comparison to any video I have watched. If it makes any difference, mine is the BXE engine.
PXL_20240731_152214403.jpg
PXL_20240731_151923012.jpg
PXL_20240731_151907879.jpg

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
BTW I noticed that after driving for a bit the drivers side repeater was constantly lit. I haven't checked to see if all indicators were lit. I see no sign of water around the fuse box but haven't checked inside it yet
As always your input/help is greatly appreciated.

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Ok just been out for a 7 mile drive. It's both side repeaters and both front sidelights stay on after I switch the engine off.
Once the guage started going over 90 got out of the car (after 6 miles) opened the bonnet. Saw a little water under the fuel filter. One of the pipes going into the filter was hot (what's the reason for water circulating around the fuel filter?).

On the right side of the car. The pipe coming out of the bottom of the radiator is Luke warm where it leaves the radiator. But it's hot where it enters the engine block.
Radiator was stone cold.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.