Non Run of the Mill stuff you meet on Track Days

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Cadwell Today, mostly normal stuff

Another work van,that is used as a daily van and a track toy.

Audi S3 engine and running gear, coilovers and upgrade front anti roll bar plus a very big rear anti ARB

van.jpeg

Love these motors Fiesta XR2
fiesta c.jpeg

Spotted this on the way home, nice to see the MK1 on the track

leon mk1 c.jpeg

Very nice example looks great in the sun.

two tone a.jpeg

Caterham's cant keep up this this special build :cool:

race car.jpeg

And a bit of humor, whilst waiting for the sighting lap, was talking to one of the marshals and over the walky talking a voice asked if the owner was coming to Cadwell today, Responce was not that we know off.

OK Then Jim can paint the helipad...

Different world.

Reactions: Seastormer

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Oh and missed this special flyby (am guessing it was on the way to Donna Nook)

plane.jpg

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Another great day at Cadwell and two old motors caught my eye.

Firstly the Simca (I think its a 1300) and this is a race version but comes from Germany and was built buy a Porsche engineer from brand new and the old boy who owns it is how I see myself in years to come (in love with his motors and nutty about the history check out his other motor here
)

1722978917323.png

1722978947619.png

1722978989039.png

The front suspension has leaf springs that go across the front of the car and they guy who built it took a Transit van leaf spring and had it adapted to fit to lower the car but keep the original suspension as the race program in Germany required this. Car has been fully stripped and it uses the internal roll cage to provide extra strength as the car is very light and also provides support to the top mounts in the front (apparently these cars were not built very well back in the day.

Second one that caught my eye was the good old Metro

1722979380068.png

I liked it because the engine bay looked very nice

1722979423868.png

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Another great day at Cadwell and two old motors caught my eye.

Firstly the Simca (I think its a 1300) and this is a race version but comes from Germany and was built buy a Porsche engineer from brand new and the old boy who owns it is how I see myself in years to come (in love with his motors and nutty about the history check out his other motor here
)

View attachment 43525

View attachment 43526

View attachment 43527

The front suspension has leaf springs that go across the front of the car and they guy who built it took a Transit van leaf spring and had it adapted to fit to lower the car but keep the original suspension as the race program in Germany required this. Car has been fully stripped and it uses the internal roll cage to provide extra strength as the car is very light and also provides support to the top mounts in the front (apparently these cars were not built very well back in the day.

Second one that caught my eye was the good old Metro

View attachment 43528

I liked it because the engine bay looked very nice

View attachment 43529
I am amazed to still see a Simca as they were right rust buckets back in the day. My mate bought his brothers car off him and it was the worst car ever, I like the Metro as it reminds me of my first quick car. The Metro GTI could do 60 in 8.6 seconds back when it came out, sounds so slow now.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I am amazed to still see a Simca as they were right rust buckets back in the day. My mate bought his brothers car off him and it was the worst car ever, I like the Metro as it reminds me of my first quick car. The Metro GTI could do 60 in 8.6 seconds back when it came out, sounds so slow now.:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Yes the owner did make the same point and also showed me some horror pictures from other Simca he has.

But this motor was purchased new in Germany and the engineer took it to bits and turned it into what you see today.

Did not do road work only to and from track days and care events (hence it being in such good condition) and stored in good conditions.

The owner is a history nut about this specific car (which you could not buy in the uk because Chrysler uk were pushing the hot imps) and has a fleet of others which are his passion. Its always interesting to watch a track day where you have some very fancy very expensive motors but this car had the most attention.