Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
They must have a belief that they can demand a higher price than even the more premium products in their shared platform families, of which are better build quality and more established brands. Cupra didn’t start as a premium brand, it was a performance branch, and they’re trying to adapt to being “premium”.

Great way to essentially stall the “phenomenal” performance and brand growth they’ve been enjoying the past couple of years, if you ask me. Either they know what they are doing and us “loyal followers” are just sour at being priced out, or it’s a brave gamble to just get extra cash and push the brand forward. Open to other opinions!
Yes think you are correct and looks like I am on my last CUPRA, hello S3, Golf R?

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Yeh, buy a SEAT Leon FR (the top SEAT Leon model) and the paint is included the the price, only the CUPRA Leon doesn't even though it's the same bodyshell. That is why I moaned about it enough to my dealer, that he gave in and included my Black paint for free.
Interestingly, I've just found that the updated SEAT Leon pricing does confirm just this and more. Top spec FR Sport Estate, 1.5 eHybrid is £39,770 (according to the finance calculator, still showing as TBC on the pricelist), whereas a BASE Cupra Leon V1 Estate eHybrid (Both the 204ps guise), is 1.5k over this, and crucially, over the 40k premium tax band. Plus, the Seat still has RED!!

Lucas90

Dec 3, 2023
Yes think you are correct and looks like I am on my last CUPRA, hello S3, Golf R?
Yeah I might be the same sadly... I can't see anyone wanting the top spec VZ3 for more money / higher monthly payments for less power and just fwd

Lucas90

Dec 3, 2023
Screenshot_20240808-075813_Chrome.jpg

So you can spec the R now.... comes in cheaper that the Vz3 and I added DCC, 19s, lapiz blue, and the upgraded sound system...

• Sad
Reactions: Syphon

adamski310

Jul 6, 2024
I had a Golf R estate and the issue I had with that car was the amount of unwanted attention it used to get. I remember pulling up to a shopping centre with my wife and two young children, parked up and then five lads just walked over to the car, started looking at it (from a distance) and mumbling to themselves. Everywhere I went in it it got attention of the wrong kind.

Mine was a plain white estate and unfortunately for me at the same time I had it, there were burglaries being done in my area, reported in the local paper and the thieves were driving ....a white golf R estate.

I was followed on a number of occasions by the police and stopped at traffic lights...

I wouldn't have another purely because of that.

Touchwood, so far, not one person has stared or really noticed my car. It just looks like a Leon lol. Even the dark exhaust tips help it blend in.

That being said.... Cupra's new prices are mental

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Syphon
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise