Need help with errors that do not make sense to me.

Sep 29, 2023
I have had problems for quite some time with a misfire in cylinder 1 on my AZQ Ibiza, bought VCDS for this reason to see what will show up. Nothing really interesting, AC errors(fixed the compressor a long time ago). But these bug me so much, how do i fix them? The car is not 4WD, why does it have this error? And how do i fix the other two, what are some common causes of those? Can't seem to get rid of them through VCDS and i would see if they will change anything on the car.

The fault codes are :

00511 Selector Lever (E313)
No Communications
00778 Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
No Communications
01324 Control Module for AWD (J492)
No Communications

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
The error for the G85, do you also have the warning symbol on the dash and heady or odd feeling steering?

You might have corrosion in a wiring plug, or damage to some wiring if modules are reporting no communications.

Have you double checked the ECU is the correct one for the car, and it's not been swapped at some point?

Sep 29, 2023
The error for the G85, do you also have the warning symbol on the dash and heady or odd feeling steering?

You might have corrosion in a wiring plug, or damage to some wiring if modules are reporting no communications.

Have you double checked the ECU is the correct one for the car, and it's not been swapped at some point?
Thanks for the reply! I don't have a problem with the steering feeling, and don't have the warning symbol. The ECU has been swapped with the same one from the same model car, since i had a problem with the old one.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
There might need to be some coding done with VCDS if you're swapping components about.

I would investigate that before changing anything else.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
For the AWD System I would presume that one of the control units tells the system (and I suspect its long coding in 09) that you have AWD Fitted.

Dont know how VCDS sets this up only used to OBD11 so cant point you in the correct direction

Sep 29, 2023
There might need to be some coding done with VCDS if you're swapping components about.

I would investigate that before changing anything else.
For the AWD System I would presume that one of the control units tells the system (and I suspect its long coding in 09) that you have AWD Fitted.

Dont know how VCDS sets this up only used to OBD11 so cant point you in the correct direction
I fooled around with VCDS for a long time and checked almost every single module's coding. I would bet these are old errors stored somehow. Thanks for the help. I was interested because my car misfires and im looking at every single possible thing that causes it. Check out my other post about it.
Thanks for the replies!

May 30, 2024
I have had problems for quite some time with a misfire in cylinder 1 on my AZQ Ibiza, bought VCDS for this reason to see what will show up. Nothing really interesting, AC errors(fixed the compressor a long time ago). But these bug me so much, how do i fix them? The car is not 4WD, why does it have this error? And how do i fix the other two, what are some common causes of those? Can't seem to get rid of them through VCDS and i would see if they will change anything on the car.

The fault codes are :

00511 Selector Lever (E313)
No Communications
00778 Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
No Communications
01324 Control Module for AWD (J492)
No Communications

Same Car, same Engine, and same exact errors.

Did you find what they mean and already solve them ?

I've already search around, but didnt find a solution or whatever they means. Everytime I clear them, they immeadtly appear again.
Also, same errors appears duplicated/mirrored on Address 19 "Can Gateway".

Sep 29, 2023
Same Car, same Engine, and same exact errors.

Did you find what they mean and already solve them ?

I've already search around, but didnt find a solution or whatever they means. Everytime I clear them, they immeadtly appear again.
Also, same errors appears duplicated/mirrored on Address 19 "Can Gateway".
The AZQ engine from my knowledge and experience does NOT have AWD. I solved this error by recoding some module. You have to find out which one exactly as i don't remember. I had these errors because someone ****** around and recoded an ECU i bought as a replacement.

My car still misfires and to this day has the MIL for the engine still on, compression tests are totally fine.

Search around the modules and recode them. Here's a guide that might help you.

May 30, 2024
The AZQ engine from my knowledge and experience does NOT have AWD. I solved this error by recoding some module. You have to find out which one exactly as i don't remember. I had these errors because someone ****** around and recoded an ECU i bought as a replacement.

My car still misfires and to this day has the MIL for the engine still on, compression tests are totally fine.

Search around the modules and recode them. Here's a guide that might help you.

Thanks for the link, its something that I was looking for. Guides, but only for IBIZA 6L :)

I will try to disable AWD through that way - yeah, Ibiza does not have AWD lol. But the weirdest part, is that, when I got the Vag cable, on my 1st check's I didn't have that error, they only appeared after. So, I can conclude that it was due to any output test or something, since I do not mess with coding. I'm trying to find, what triggered that, and enabled AWD.

So, lets go to your problem, I will try to help you, since I'm messing with my car sensor's, etc. Cleaning them all - since my car has a huge Fuel consumption - around 10/11 L/100Km. And when I am stopped, and run the car, the consumption goes to 40/50/60L / 100Km, even with a super slowly and carefully start on pedal.

- Did you check your spark plugs ? assure that you have the proper spark plugs and they are ok - try to proper clean them and the distance on the spark plug itself is OK.
- Check the Spark plug coils - 6L is known for Coil issues - to test that, just change their positions 1 by 1 (just remember to number them, to know and remember which is which), and see is the misfire cilinder on VCDS also change's - If so, is a Coil problem, you need to get a new one.
- After checking this, you can go for the Fuel Rail. With a manual/video Help, remove the Fuel Rail and clean the injectors - could be a faulty or clogged injector or even a fuel rail issue (so try to clean the fuel rail either) - there are cheap adaptor's to clean the injectors on aliexpress (1 by 1), you only need that, and a Spray cleaner. You also should replace the O-rings and injector filters - which are cheap material to get, and a "easy" task if you follow the rules.

Here's the process about the cleaning piece that you could buy on aliexpress or maybe on Ebay/Amazon:

Replacing the injectors filters (short version as example - you could check for a long further video to check all the process, but basically is this):

You can also to clean the throttle body, EGR, etc, but I think that does not help with a misfire in the cylinder. I'm not a mechanic, but I perform some DIY cleaning on my system, so if you need help, let me know. But honestly, I think that the Injection system cleaning could solve your problem, if not, could be a cylinder problem or something - that part, only a mechanic/professional will could tell.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.