MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018
Looks Great !

Funny to think how worried I was about the Desire Red / Copper Combo, I love it now, Just hoping mine is on the boat at the moment (BW45)
:thumbup::bounce:
I've just put an order in for a silver one but looking at these pics of the red I'm having second thoughts

I was genuinely shocked to see how good it looked in the end after all the worrying I did and would say if you ordered Red you’d be very happy with it.

Reactions: Wak3D

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Any Copra owners need a flag :cheeky:

8D6AFF96-C528-4BDC-A0A4-6B832B61034E.jpeg

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I should have said that this was recorded with the parcel shelf and boot carpet removed. Without doing that, you can’t hear a sausage!
I figured you'd done something like that.

A little suprised to hear that it's that quiet without doing so, especially after seeing/hearing the clips of the 290s and 300s on YouTube.

I can imagine it sounds decent from the outside.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Liam Willingale

Oct 8, 2018
Finally picked mine up today, and enjoyed the 220 mile drive home.

Very similar to my Golf GTI I just returned on lease. Cupra has a nicer interior I think and the digital cockpit is along with apple play.

Golf had heated seats, keyless entry and the cruise control with the sensors as standard so will miss those abit.

Car sounds much better than the golf,on start up and driving, I would say it sounds like it’s got the power, where as the golf sounded like a 1.2.

The fake sound is annoying but again the Golfs was worse in sport mode.

Not as noisey as I expected with the bangs and DSG farts I was expecting a lot more, it’s got some noise but I think it’s very quiet compared to the old 300 videos.

Overall very pleased with the car, I expect the exhaust will get noisey over time, but even so the noise it makes compared to my GTI is much louder.

Someone else was picking there one up from IMG parked next to mine as I was driving away today at lunchtime, not sure if it was anytime else on here.

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
I figured you'd done something like that.

A little suprised to hear that it's that quiet without doing so, especially after seeing/hearing the clips of the 290s and 300s on YouTube.

I can imagine it sounds decent from the outside.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yea the sound insulation seems good too good maybe not sure wether to get a res delete or not. These cars seem really well screwed together the doors and the bonnet are so heavy. Feels a lot more premium than my mk2 r although the r seats win.

Had a good drive down some twisty roads today in manual mode was good fun great levels of grip and strong brakes.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Trying to run some insurance quotes to see what a new Cupra would cost. Struggling to see which version to choose in the list on the insurance companies websites. I think it should be Cupra 5 door 290 TSI or similar? But I can't seem to find that?!?
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Reactions: superdon

Veselin Bekyarov

Oct 24, 2018
Hi,

If anyone can help me will really appreciate!

Is it possible to retrofit the adaptive cruise control sensor on already built MY18 cupra?
And second. Do anyone has any info for an upgrade of the virtual cockpit software to match the functions on MY19?

Thank you!

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Hi,

If anyone can help me will really appreciate!

Is it possible to retrofit the adaptive cruise control sensor on already built MY18 cupra?
And second. Do anyone has any info for an upgrade of the virtual cockpit software to match the functions on MY19?

Thank you!

I haven't seen anything about anyone retrofitting ACC but from looking at the parts catalogue the radar is the same so it could well be possible with just changing the steering wheel stalks and some coding.

When I get mine I'm going to see if I can get it to work just via coding but I don't expect it will.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.