MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I have an ST 4drive on order since 1 Feb. Just got off the phone with Seat CS for an update and they’ve just told me it it a CONFIRMED build week of week 40! This was earlier than anticipated so i quizzed a little further and she re-affirmed it is confirmed for BW40!

She’s expecting delivery end of Oct.
Hi mate,

When you asked did you get them to confirm via your sli?
If possible it's better to a screenshot of the order for proof.

I was given this information before and it turned out to be incorrect. It was just something the agent heard/believed. I was still on status 00.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Liam

Jul 6, 2018
Gloucester
I spoke to CS this morning, they called the product team and they said that there was no information regarding the build on any ST 4Drives at the moment.. that the engines were not in build yet, let alone the cars and that they would not be doing anything until at least week 45...

Nice to know that everyone is hearing similar info.. NOT!! :banghead2
I’m pessimistic about the whole thing, but the woman I spoke to today was adamant it was confirmed- surely she can only be getting this info by looking at their system- should be pretty black and white! I wouldn’t be surprised if someone tells me something completely different when I call next week, however.

Liam

Jul 6, 2018
Gloucester
Hi mate,

I was given this information before and it turned out to be incorrect. It was just something the agent heard/believed. I was still on status 00.

Yes I gave my SLI, I didn’t ask for a screenshot but perhaps I should have. If it turns out to be incorrect I’m going to hit the roof. All I want is clarity. If the car isn’t going to be built until week 45/50 then fine- far from ideal but at least I know and can plan around that. But for the agent to say it is going to be BW40 ‘confirmed BW40’ were her exact words even after me interrogating the info and it turns out to be fiction then something is fundamentally wrong with their CS. It’s bad enough that I’m having to wait 8 months for a car I was told would be delivered after 5, without continuous misinformation being thrown around by who should be the only source of reliable info on the matter.
I have the benefit of being part of this forum and therefore can take their info with a pinch of salt, but I’m sure there are others with cars on order who don’t look on forums and therefore are in constant limbo about when their car will be built.

Liam

Jul 6, 2018
Gloucester
Hi mate,

Further to my last... I’ve called them again and spoke to someone different. Again they’ve said BW40 for my ST 4drive, Status 20 (which means factory order accepted & BW confirmed). Expected delivery end of October (3/4 weeks after BW).
I asked to confirm spec and my Seat Sound has been changed to Beats Audio but everything else as specced (only other option was ACC)
She could not provide a screenshot, apparently internal use only but she can send a text message with details on it which I haven’t received yet.
Whilst I was on the line I asked about other rumoured changes (copper badges???...) she had no idea about that.

Reactions: beddin90

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Further to my last... I’ve called them again and spoke to someone different. Again they’ve said BW40 for my ST 4drive, Status 20 (which means factory order accepted & BW confirmed). Expected delivery end of October (3/4 weeks after BW).
I asked to confirm spec and my Seat Sound has been changed to Beats Audio but everything else as specced (only other option was ACC)
She could not provide a screenshot, apparently internal use only but she can send a text message with details on it which I haven’t received yet.
Whilst I was on the line I asked about other rumoured changes (copper badges???...) she had no idea about that.

I was told I couldn't have a screenshot from them but to ring my supplying dealer and they could provide one, maybe if you get in touch with them they can give you a proper image?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Get your hopes up then mate

I'm still at status 00, and have been told that the "Technical data" received in week 42 is for my particular vehicle.

Apparently the factory are going to confirm that my MY18 options are going to fit in MY19 Cupra.
This raised my suspicion as I've been told that I would get what I ordered. She agreed that would be the case regardless.

She said that they still don't know what a MY19 will look like. She mentioned the word facelift and then backtracked.

I questioned why cars are being built earlier than week 42 without the need for this confirmation.

We then came to the conclusion that the build may not be dependent on the technical data that they are due to receive in week 42

Getting nowhere as per usual

Anyway congrats mate.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yeah, my screenshots are from my supplying dealer not CS.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Remember back in the olden days when you ordered a car, got a lead time and a car turned up when they said exactly how you ordered it?
Good times...

Reactions: Liam

Liam

Jul 6, 2018
Gloucester
I was told I couldn't have a screenshot from them but to ring my supplying dealer and they could provide one, maybe if you get in touch with them they can give you a proper image?
I’ve ordered through a broker which slightly complicates it, although I know which dealer they’ve ordered through. But to be honest I’m not that fussed about the screenshot- I believe what they are saying to me to be honest! I find it difficult to believe they are lying to me- confirmed BW40/Status 20 surely isn’t something they guess and state willy nilly- unless the system is simply displaying wrong info!
Anyway it looks like things are moving in the right direction & shouldn’t be long before your respective orders are getting BWs assigned!

AlexOS

I’ve ordered through a broker which slightly complicates it, although I know which dealer they’ve ordered through. But to be honest I’m not that fussed about the screenshot- I believe what they are saying to me to be honest! I find it difficult to believe they are lying to me- confirmed BW40/Status 20 surely isn’t something they guess and state willy nilly- unless the system is simply displaying wrong info!
Anyway it looks like things are moving in the right direction & shouldn’t be long before your respective orders are getting BWs assigned!
The only possibility I can think is that they are starting to build the cars as they may have decided that they are not going to change anything after the WLTP tests are complete. The only thing with this is that although the car is build, it would then be sat in the car part outside the factory until such time as they finally have the data, as they can't ship anything until they have all the consumption/emission figures.

If the above is correct, then at least you would know the the moment they have the data, your car should be on the next ship out of Barcelona headed for the UK. The downside is that you would know that your car was build and ready to go, but that you couldn't have it..

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Me too, although despite being told for months that it would be included, the last two CS staff I spoke to both said that the MY19 does NOT have the winter pack... I was really hoping for that as a freebie..

If we don't get the winter pack, pound stretcher are doing buy one get one half price on electric blankets, we can go halves on a couple and save a few quid

Reactions: AlexOS

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
No winter pack would be annoying, used my heated seats this morning and now im not sure i can live without them haha!

Reactions: walshy