MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I’m week 38 as well 5dr DSG Mystery blue. I’ve been told by Seat CS complaint department that only the winter pack is now included & no space saver wheel just a repair kit, no mention of anything else. They’ve also said my build date 17th sept is 100% as Seat sick to build dates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot the spare wheel is now omitted. It’s a dealership upsell now at £115 inc VAT.
If we get Beats Audio/Seat Sound then you have to have a spare wheel for the sub to sit in!

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
You won't get beats audio/seat sound included for free. You'll get it if you have it ordered on an outstanding order.

I have it in writing from customer services. The winter pack is now standard on the cupra and I will get it, also confirmed that the beats audio/seat sound is discontinued but my order will be honoured.

Winter pack includes heated seats, heated washers (w/screen and lights), a larger heated washer bottle.

The romour mill is still in overdrive lol.

Reactions: indyjones

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
You won't get beats audio/seat sound included for free. You'll get it if you have it ordered on an outstanding order.

I have it in writing from customer services. The winter pack is now standard on the cupra and I will get it, also confirmed that the beats audio/seat sound is discontinued but my order will be honoured.

Winter pack includes heated seats, heated washers (w/screen and lights), a larger heated washer bottle.

The romour mill is still in overdrive lol.

It's a customer service lottery.

Calling their number is one big blag.

They inspire me with all the confidence of a margarine kettle.

At this rate, we could all end up with Skodas.

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
It's a customer service lottery.

Calling their number is one big blag.

They inspire me with all the confidence of a margarine kettle.

At this rate, we could all end up with Skodas.
Wouldn't be too disappointed ;)
3c40a462667ad2fc67e35880c43024d6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

willda_beast

May 8, 2018
No update available on my order according to SEAT CS... Completely ignored my request for confirmation on what spec changes I can expect ..

LS26

Apr 25, 2018
I’ve had an email from Seat CS. No build date yet (ordered 1 May). Confirmed Beats Audio but I did order Seat Sound.

No other news or info though.

cola

May 23, 2018
Also had a phone call and an email from Seat CS for my order from 7th May. As above - couldn't give me any updates or information but apologised profusely for any disappointment.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
I see there's a few other people who've got STs on order and some from Nationwide.

Mine was ordered, via them, in early June and I've not heard much other than a, possible, believe it when I see it, delivery date of February next year.

Waiting to see what comes out in the wash with regards to specs, gearboxes and power figures!
I ticked most of the options boxes on my order so expect that could complicate things further.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Had an update from Seat CS via email this afternoon. Nothing much new apart from lots of apologies and they also have thrown in at the end, unfortunately Leon Cupra production won't commence until October!

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Had an update from Seat CS via email this afternoon. Nothing much new apart from lots of apologies and they also have thrown in at the end, unfortunately Leon Cupra production won't commence until October!

October....Is that just the Cupra ST or all models?

AlexOS

There are other posts elsewhere confirming ST’s is the end of October, 5 door earlier I believe.
I agree, the general feeling on here, backed up by my conversations with CS is that the 5 door will start build around week 40 (early ) and the ST should be somewhere from weeks 45 to 51 (early Nov to mid Dec).

For those of you who have ordered a 5 door... you might get your car in time for Christmas... For those of us who've ordered an ST, we will probably be lucky if we get our cars in January.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I reckon realistically I'll be lucky to have the car within a year of ordering (February). Absolutely ridiculous when you think about it, why I didn't get a car at the beginning of the summer as the lead times suggested I'll never know.

Reactions: Liam

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
I agree, the general feeling on here, backed up by my conversations with CS is that the 5 door will start build around week 40 (early ) and the ST should be somewhere from weeks 45 to 51 (early Nov to mid Dec).

For those of you who have ordered a 5 door... you might get your car in time for Christmas... For those of us who've ordered an ST, we will probably be lucky if we get our cars in January.

I spoke to CS yesterday and are still holding solid on BW39, 24th September for my 5 door

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Has anybody heard or know anyone that’s received the 290bhp model yet?

Just chasing up with CS regarding my build week of week 38. They’ve now said once it’s build it will go for WLTP testing, once it passes then there’ll release for delivery. I was under be impression the 5dr has already passes the WLTP with the 290bhp output.

I do hope it passes or we’re in for a further wait if it doesn’t!!

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

Just chasing up with CS regarding my build week of week 38. They’ve now said once it’s build it will go for WLTP testing, once it passes then there’ll release for delivery. I was under be impression the 5dr has already passes the WLTP with the 290bhp output.

According to what they told me production doesn't start till October wether that's just what they are telling me who knows.

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018

I can't imagine them building a car to then find out if it passes new tests?!.
Probably more junk being spouted by the seat CS team as usual!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members