MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
I’m in Ireland but they’ll hardly make significant changes like that and not make it across the board in my opinion.
Believing you had some info worthy of note, I've just visited the UK Seat website. The new colour of Magnetic Grey is to be found on the design part of the Leon Cupra pages, but not yet in the configurator. Looks like changes starting to happen as MY19 ordering draws ever closer.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Believing you had some info worthy of note, I've just visited the UK Seat website. The new colour of Magnetic Grey is to be found on the design part of the Leon Cupra pages, but not yet in the configurator. Looks like changes starting to happen as MY19 ordering draws ever closer.

Just remember this post when you see Cupra’s with everything I listed above

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
I will. To be fair, anything confirming when I might actually see a car resembling my order would be nice!:think:

You’re right, all I want is the same thing. My car to get built, 9 months will be a long wait!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
This is legit...
- copper “S” on all Cupra
- no more flags inside or out bar 1 on the front in black
- black brake calipers
- no silver inside - all black exactly like the Cupra Ateca and another Copper S on the steering wheel.

All Cupra from BW42 o will come like this.
Hi mate,

No disrespect meant but neither the dealers or customer services are able to confirm anything yet. So how is it that you know this?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Hi mate,

No disrespect meant but neither the dealers or customer services are able to confirm anything yet. So how is it that you know this?

I asked Damo this on the Facebook page back last week I think - he hasn't revealed his source yet...

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
I asked Damo this on the Facebook page back last week I think - he hasn't revealed his source yet...
The bit that I'm dubious of is why they would go from Silver 'S' badges to bronze ones. Surely they would jump straight over to the bronze 'Tribal' badge?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The bit that I'm dubious of is why they would go from Silver 'S' badges to bronze ones. Surely they would jump straight over to the bronze 'Tribal' badge?
Who knows

I guess it would depend on if it's seen as part of the transition process like on the R.

I believed the MK4 was when the full fat CUPRA branded Leon would debut.

Not sure if the copper S would work as well with all the current colours.

Anyway I think I'm done speculating now..

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Who knows

I guess it would depend on if it's seen as part of the transition process like on the R.

I believed the MK4 was when the full fat CUPRA branded Leon would debut.

Not sure if the copper S would work as well with all the current colours.

Anyway I think I'm done speculating now..

I'd be happy to find that the chrome trims were removed from the interior trim as was used in the 300's as well as the lower cooking models. I much prefer the black gloss that I've got in my Black Edition. I am however, interested to know if the GPF's will further muffle the exhaust note and take away all the snap crackle and pops...

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016

I believe it’s a transition from Leon to Cupra. I can’t divulge my source but I’m 99.9% confident everything I’ve said is correct.
If any of you are dealers just mail SEAT UK and ask them. They may confirm it for you.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I believe it’s a transition from Leon to Cupra. I can’t divulge my source but I’m 99.9% confident everything I’ve said is correct.
If any of you are dealers just mail SEAT UK and ask them. They may confirm it for you.

When I asked them last week, the Seat UK Manager had no knowledge of the badge changes etc. Like I’d mentioned earlier in the MY19 thread, Seat UK told me winter pack is standard for my MY18 to MY19...as is Seat Sound. I’ve no idea why they would confirm this for my build, but they have. Mine will also be built week 38 and not 42 - I’ve even seen the screen grab from their system to prove this. It’ll only be a fact when it goes to status 30 though. It would just seem odd to put copper badges on as it wouldn’t go with some colours, especially desire red. I also hope the calipers aren’t black as red will match the red paint in my order. We’ll see in 3 months time!

Reactions: N8KOW

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
My build week for MY19 has been confirmed as wk38 (17 sept) it may be one of the first 290’s never had a 300 so i’m sure it will be rapid enough, will come with the extras i added when ordering back in April

Not sure when the garage will receive it, any ideas?

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
My build week for MY19 has been confirmed as wk38 (17 sept) it may be one of the first 290’s never had a 300 so i’m sure it will be rapid enough, will come with the extras i added when ordering back in April

Not sure when the garage will receive it, any ideas?
Awesome news!

No confirmation for me today - but fingers crossed for an update this week.

They typically predict 3-4 weeks after build.

When my first order was built in Jan I waited 4 weeks for it to turn up at the dealership.

Reactions: Matt-taylor

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Has anyone heard any updates on build week for Cupra ST's? Ordered my 4drive at the end of Feb but still cant get any updates.
Seems to be a random lottery of when cars are being built. I've been waiting on a 5dr since February and been told it should be built in November now! Get in touch with seat customer services and complain.

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
Has anyone heard any updates on build week for Cupra ST's? Ordered my 4drive at the end of Feb but still cant get any updates.

I tried to get an update from my broker yesterday but they don't seem to know anything. They are still expecting an October delivery which i do not believe going on previous comments in this thread.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Seems to be a random lottery of when cars are being built. I've been waiting on a 5dr since February and been told it should be built in November now! Get in touch with seat customer services and complain.
A complaint is only going serve to get you a gesture of goodwill if you haven't already received one.

The best you could hope for is to get them to notify you if and when the status changes.

I spoke to an agent last week who said to expect a build week this week.

I called again yesterday just to get a confirmation on that through another agent.

Guess what??! She was unable to work out why the agent last week told me that as there was nothing official that had gone out stating this.

All she could say was that the system can change within a given day. SEAT are looking to get MY18 orders built first and some have recently received build weeks, so it was possible.

It's seriously just a waiting game..

AlexOS

A complaint is only going serve to get you a gesture of goodwill if you haven't already received one.

The best you could hope for is to get them to notify you if and when the status changes.

I spoke to an agent last week who said to expect a build week this week.

I called again yesterday just to get a confirmation on that through another agent.

Guess what??! She was unable to work out why the agent last week told me that as there was nothing official that had gone out stating this.

All she could say was that the system can change within a given day. SEAT are looking to get MY18 orders built first and some have recently received build weeks, so it was possible.

It's seriously just a waiting game..

I ordered mt ST 4drive at the end of Feb (MY18) and was originaly told week 31 for build, but this then slipped.

I have since been told that it will be built as a MY19, but nothing on a build date.. luckily my current car is a lease with VWFS and they are happy to keep the lease going as long as necessary, but i thought the originall 6 month delivery was a bit long, and now its looking more like 9 moinths +...

What really annoyed me is about 6 weeks ago, the Leather/winter pack showed free on the Seat website so i called the lease company to get it added, they confirmed that the dealer had said it would be put on. A few days later the pack was back up to full price on the Seat site, and the nect time i called CS for an update they said there was nothing on there about it. I called the lease company, and they called the dealer, and were told that she thought that the leather and winter packs were going to be standard on the MY19, and that since my car had been changed over she hadn't bothered to put anything on there... Unfortunately these haven't been put as standard equipment (no surprise) and tough s##t, our mistake, but not our problem...

My only hope now is that its delayed long enough that i can get the Lux pack added as the lease company hope that this should be pretty much a free upgrade due to the riesidual vaule being higher. Mot going to hold my breath there either...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise