• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

MK3 1.8 Leon Turbo help

Oct 16, 2024
If you google MQ250 - there are reports of them holding up ok to higher outputs, clutch normally being the weak link.
Drivetrains are really susceptible to how they are used - lots of launches will kill many transmissions.
Depends what your plans are? I'm sure it would be find a fine road car with a simple remap - if you want to make a track/drag tool then maybe a Cupra would be a better foundation.
I wanted to go a bit mental with it but still keep it as my daily, was thinking around 400-450nm but obviously ill have to look into wether anyone has gone that high and had any sort of longevity problems, but you might be right and a cupra might be the better option, tho I dont plan on launching it all the time as its gonna be a daily, Thank you for your help