Limp Mode

Oli2901

Jun 17, 2016
Yeah car restarts fine, the lack of turbo is gone after a flick of the ignition on and off. Seems like a wastegate issue on open circuit when the cars not up to temp. I'm not sure whether this would be n75 or ecu related?

17705 was the code thrown when it happened previously but as that's been mapped out it can't be going into limp mode if the codes not there to be thrown? Therefore wastegate?

Happy to be corrected if someone thinks otherwise

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
What is vcds/vagcom saying now in terms of fault codes? Shouldn't have thought it was wastegate related.

If there are no codes on VCDS then the only thing i can really suggest is getting bill@badger5 to look at it for you.

Last edited:

Oli2901

Jun 17, 2016
No fault codes present so limp mode is unlikely. Wastegate seems like the only option from here... Have talked to bill in the past but wasn't able to make it up to him.

Thanks

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Mine still misbehaves, no codes either. I have tried similar to you, but as I couldn't get any further with obvious fixes, I now just run with it. I'm sure mine is a dodgy map, but as it's generally fine, & car has other problems, it will have to stay that way. Good luck with it mate. :cry:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.