Ko3 to ko3s turbo upgrade

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
If your on about your leon it will only have one vac hose to the actuator as it will be running a K03s turbo.

The only 1.8t's with 2 vac pipes to the actuator are the ibizas as they use a K03 turbo.

IIRC

we've been through this already 99% certain there were some early leons that came with the k03 turbo...he certainly doesn't have the k03s engine code that i know of anyway

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well thanks acidstrato im guna try checking 2morow, if the weathers gud

quick dumb question.

when the car idle is the waste gate stays open? and when you foot it does the pressure causes the actuator to push and keep the waste gate closed? (im just getting to know how turbos works) lol

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
we've been through this already 99% certain there were some early leons that came with the k03 turbo...he certainly doesn't have the k03s engine code that i know of anyway

Read the thread properly now (i think), only way to be 100% sure which turbo it is would be to get the numbers off of the little blue and silver plate attached to the turbo as per picture below.

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yeah basically mate, as the pressure builds, the actuator keeps the wg closed, eventually the wastegate bypasses some of the exhaust gasses to allow the turbo to slow down

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
It is a K03 as has 12 blades. The K03s have 8 blades.

Doesn't the 2nd vac hose tee piece out of the one coming down from n75 valve on a k03 setup.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
if you look at this pic
001_009.jpg

view it at full size, look to the right of the alu charge pipe pretty much touching the pipe , u can see 2 vac hose (covered in grey sleeving) 1 is obvious that comes from the n75, the other comes from underneath the alu charge pipe

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yeah thats what the ibiza has too...the pic shows this one big rubber vac hose goes straight to the actuator

but another t pieced off something which goes to another n75 port does to
but the n249 crap is in a different location on the leon so you might not see it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.