Ko3 to ko3s turbo upgrade

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well did that take you that long to figure that out!
Leon section no one knew much so was diverted to this area as these people know abit abot ko3 turbo upgrades

Last edited:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
no as soon as i saw your thread i realised the mistake! they sent you here because they prob thought the same as i did (wats this guy on about!)! the big point your missing is LEON CUPRA 20VT,S ARE KO3S TURBO AS STANDARD!!!!!!

May 2, 2006
no as soon as i saw your thread i realised the mistake! they sent you here because they prob thought the same as i did (wats this guy on about!)! the big point your missing is LEON CUPRA 20VT,S ARE KO3S TURBO AS STANDARD!!!!!!

:yes: (i actually thought he was on about his A3)

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
iirc all Golf GTis prior to 2001 were fitted with k03 units....but they were also non dbw so as i dont believe any leons are non dbw it aint really much use

engine code would be more use tbh

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
AGU - K03 turbo, no VVT, Non DBW, 150bhp, 5speed
ARZ - K03 turbo, no VVT, DBW, 150bhp, 5speed
AUM - K03s turbo, VVT, DBW, 150bhp, 5speed
AUQ - K03s turbo, VVT, DBW, 180bhp, 6speed

nicked from ukmkivs ;)

note: bhp figures dont apply as these are from the Golfs and A3s as well

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
actuator of ko3

On the ko3, can the actuator be changed on?
think mines is playing up, when the turbo kicks in you could hear some noise after it 2500rpm. checked the pipe from actutor to the n75 it looks ok.

i done this test where i linked the boost gauge to actuator. the boost gauge hardly moves and when it does it moves jus to 0.1 and dropes back to zero.
the other test i done, was press the actuator vacum port with my thumb whiles keep keep actuator throd pulled, (similer DV test). i felt suckion and the spring quickly forces actuator to normal position

The car does not pick up in low rpm at all. any suggestion guys? :cry:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
you ca change the actuator but you cant buy them brand new only as a whole unit apparently

dunno about testing it, never had to

stick it on vagcom and run a few logs, much more informative

May 2, 2006
yeah, best bet is to get it plugged into vagcom, no one near you with it?? just be guessing otherwise

if all is wrong though and you need a new actuator/turbo, and its a k03, i have a spare one

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
after playing around with actuator today, by checking the vacum line and by moving the actuator rod. the car feels quick!

my car is a w reg, with the app engine code! what turbo does it have then? i dont think its kos! how can i check?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
where are the vacum hoses? theres one the actuator, wheres the other one? does it be printed on the turbo? can i be abe to see it, or if i get my camera phone down there

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
the part numbers could tell you yes, although i dont know em myself, think all K03sports have 50, 51, 52 or 53 in it

the first vac hose should be on the actuator, the 2nd should be below it somewhere

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
If your on about your leon it will only have one vac hose to the actuator as it will be running a K03s turbo.

The only 1.8t's with 2 vac pipes to the actuator are the ibizas as they use a K03 turbo.

IIRC

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.