• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Ibiza cupra tdi remaped

Oct 12, 2005
Had my cupra tdi remaped 2day by custom code. After much research i decided this was the best map for me. Its very impressive. Pulls all the way to the red line and is very smooth. Only problem I have is that when flooring it in 5th or 6th at 2000rpm there is a vibration till 2300rpm. Any ideas guys. The car has done 8K. Its also gettin rrd next sat at jabba so c what the increase is. Very Very impressed its like a different car!!!

Housey80

Possibly clutch slip? Generally you should try not to slam your foot down below 2500 revs with the standard clutch. I can make mine slip by slamming my foot down at the same point in 5th and 6th but if you feed the power in it's fine.

I got the Ph2 remap not too long ago and was very impressed too at how smooth it is. Almost so smooth you don't realise how much the power increase is .. until you look at what you're passing :D

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Yup sounds like DMF resonance to me. Sounds like a little tweak to the map is required.

Oct 12, 2005
The car is even more awesome today. Must be pushing plus 200bhp. Its get rrd by jabba next sat. I am goin try and drive round the dmf. But may get it tweaked at some point.

Triple D

Yup id suggest that your DMF is fooked or on its way out, and that will mean that the clutch will be in no time aswell.

Triple D

yep, even still, it will slip. You could try seat for a new one, but if they know its mapped, they will tell you politely to f*ck off

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
seat do like to underrate their standard figures!!! remapped figures will look good! looks like ul be purchasing a a clutch mate!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
if either software or clutch you need to see who CustomCoded it again vibration sounds more mechanical to me than software you could be right tho

Oct 12, 2005
Update. Been out in it tonight and the vibration had practicaly gone. The last time I had driven it was last nite when the map had just been put on. Been out tonight and floored it and 2000 in 5th and 6th and theres is hardly any vibration. Why would that be. Am happy mind.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.