Help fitting my RAM AIR kit.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
I have a couple of pics of mine.. You can see in this pic how the whole system sits in place, and the 80mm cold air feed that does make it past the battery tray to the front scoop.

CAI008.jpg

Modified bracet number one, this is the orriginal bracet that came with it, that i cut and modified to fit.

CAI007.jpg

This is my replacement battery tray bracket that i made from mild steel, cut, heated and bended into shape. It has a rubber damping washer underneath it to cushon the shock to the MAF. I also had to make the collar up that goes around the MAF housing, to drill the bracket too, this is also lined with rubber strip. You can see the plastic where it has snapped off from the original bracket.

CAI006.jpg

Just another pic so you can see the brackets.

CAI005.jpg

I know DJP has slightly different views as to the set up of this, but i have had mine on for well over a year now, and i have had no trouble at all. And logged 198Gps, before i fitted my new cold air feed and scoop.

Hope this helps mate

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I know DJP has slightly different views as to the set up of this, but i have had mine on for well over a year now, and i have had no trouble at all. And logged 198Gps, before i fitted my new cold air feed and scoop.

Hope this helps mate

I don't totally agree with having a bracket on the MAF, but yours is by far the best solution I've seen.

I like the bracket off the inner wing, I think that's a good solution. :clap: Better than one off the turret mounting point.

198 g/s should be no bother for an LCR MAF. I logged virtually that with an LC MAF (and that's where the probs lie). :cry:

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
I don't totally agree with having a bracket on the MAF, but yours is by far the best solution I've seen.

I like the bracket off the inner wing, I think that's a good solution. :clap: Better than one off the turret mounting point.

198 g/s should be no bother for an LCR MAF. I logged virtually that with an LC MAF (and that's where the probs lie). :cry:

Im hoping to be pushing a bit more than that now dave, i only had the orriginal air scoop and only half the cold air feed. Need to do another log and see what we are flowing now. Have you investigated modifying your MAF or anything? Keeping your same maf, but putting it in larger housing? Or would this throw fault codes and make it run badly?

As for my set up, it works really well, the brackets did not take long to make, they sould have come out the factory like that IMO.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Im hoping to be pushing a bit more than that now dave, i only had the orriginal air scoop and only half the cold air feed. Need to do another log and see what we are flowing now. Have you investigated modifying your MAF or anything? Keeping your same maf, but putting it in larger housing? Or would this throw fault codes and make it run badly?

As for my set up, it works really well, the brackets did not take long to make, they sould have come out the factory like that IMO.

Thanks for asking. :) The solution for me is not to rev it over 6k. Anything else would throw the tuning off. Other solution is fit a bigger turbo so I can run a bigger MAF.

Unfortunately it's secondary at the moment. :cry: I have a broken exhaust manifold to turbo bolt which entails taking the turbo off to extract the broken piece. I'm struggling for time to do it so Mrs DPJ is running the car is running in 'potter' mode.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise