help converting 1.4 sxe into a 2.0 8V!

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
the chip looks like a SIM card but about third of the size or smaller, should be 'loose' i think?

why are you going to the trouble of swapping everything over? donor car no good?

demongibbo

hya im breaking a 2.0 8v so if u need any parts for engine swap pm me.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
You can get away without ABS!

2.0 8v's only got ABS in 1998 mines a 1997 build regged in 98 so no ABS, 9/10 times you don't need it. You certainly don't get lock up in normal conditions although in bad weather its about the same as the 1.4 brakes. Takes a lot of effort to get the rear disks to lock - even the handbrake doesn't do it!

Now thats interesting to know. Gives me an idea or 2 or 3 :whistle:. Ive only locked up the brakes on my 1.4 once and that was in very wet weather and with bald front tyres.

R3 NDD

Apr 1, 2008
redcar
ive dissmantled my key the part of plastic that came off with the "blade" has what looks like a small rectangular piece of plastic in with CV printed on it? but when i opend the main part of the key there was a green board that sort of resembled a sim card but was larger and more square. there was a small black piece of plastic that was loose but that just looks as though it stops the metal tab that touches the battery touching any other part of the circuit board:confused:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
thechipzz1.jpg

chip.png

R3 NDD

Apr 1, 2008
redcar
that must be the one i was looking at. it looks like its jammed right in! any idvice how to pop it out? ill try nd get sme photos up later

R3 NDD

Apr 1, 2008
redcar
it wont tlet me pm you demongibbo. il defernitley have all of the engine mounts and the actual front engine mount that attatches the rubber mount to the engine! if that makes sense ??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.