Guess who is back?

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
I know maybe this is a bit too much but this could be one of the happiest days of my life! My baby is back and without any major damage!

1676128783799.png

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Holy f#*&! That's impressive! How on earth did you get it back?
It is really impressive because the car has been sitting still on a quiet street for almost 1,5 years. After the robbery, the mugs ditch the car without damage on a cozy neighborhood. Since then, the locals thought that it was someone's car from around. Only when a curious person wonder why it was so dirty and with empty tires that my luck began. He noticed the jammed doorlock and took a pic and posted in a website used to tag abandoned vehicles. As my car was reported as stolen, the police scanned daily on the website and voilá!! Found it and send it to the police warehouse. Now I have to see if it works properly.

Before I turn the key I'm gonna change oil and filter and charge the battery. Scan it with VCDS and look for errors. Anything else I should do before crank it up?

Reactions: Nam-uk and g60stu

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Another issue: my door lock and the ignition coil have been damaged by the mugs. I have found the lock with both keys (one key with remote fob and one key without). I guess the door lock is a straight swap. But the ignition one is bugging me:
a) will I have to use VCDS to pair the immobilizer with the new key?
b) if I just swap the transpoder between remotes will it work?
c) if I swap the scrap key blade and put it on my remote will the car accept the key on ignition?

Its a brand new world to me.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Yeah, door lock is easy enough. If you have the matching ignition barrel then I think (and I could be wrong) you can either swap the transpoder to the new key or swap the new key blade to the old housing.

It may even work if you have your old key next to the new one as the range is okay.

My concern would be how they managed to defeat the alarm and immobiliser?

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Yeah, door lock is easy enough. If you have the matching ignition barrel then I think (and I could be wrong) you can either swap the transpoder to the new key or swap the new key blade to the old housing.

It may even work if you have your old key next to the new one as the range is okay.

My concern would be how they managed to defeat the alarm and immobiliser?
That's what i'm thinking. I will swap the transpoder to the new blade and insert the old remote to the blade housing. I thought the key blade was the transpoder antenna and when inserted on the barrel it would be "scanned" (because the blade have a little black dot on the bottom).

Well, they drilled the door barrel until it came off. Then a screwdriver just twisted the lock and it opened.
The ignition barrel comes off with a paper clip, then the screwdriver comes again to the rescue.
And the alarm and immobiliser are tricked on the wiring of the OBD because they have wired something there (maybe a hacker VCDS program).

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Wow just seen this. That is crazy
So lucky to get it back at all.
Way to go!!!
Congratulations bro.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members