Front Components Mk4

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
You can do it many ways. just drill hole into inner door so that they are in perfect alinement with the speaker holes then drill the mdf to suit. Then its the bolts holding everything in.

Or bolt the mdf to the inner door liner. Then scew the speaker to the mdf. More componemts used to secure the speakers thats all.

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
i will come out of this experience a much wiser person...and hopefully a non
f%&*ed car, which sounds awesome :D

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
experience can be past on in words thankfully thats how i have learnt and tested myself ;) i will be puttin my sub/amp in my car very shortly (ran the cables through the car just need to wire it up) and maybe amp'in my JL comps :D

funboy.ch

Feb 15, 2007
Switzerland
what the bloody **** just got started on installing my new 165's in the doors and bam! I don't think it is possible. The bloody motor for the window is in the way... How did you folks get around that?

mydoor1.jpg

funboy.ch

Feb 15, 2007
Switzerland
my apologies for the previous post...i've got a hangover so not seeing clearly, it's all sorted out...

However, I still can't get the bonnet lever away to run the wires. :(

funboy.ch

Feb 15, 2007
Switzerland
nevermind...solved finally...but now I am on the driver side and can't get the door panel off nor the foot panel where the hood release is.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
well i have some speaker adapter that has that bit cut out for very easy fitment lol well there is 2 torxs screws at the bottom and u gotta take off the electric windows handle side ways first for the side to come off then pull the other bit up and un-clip the wireing... then u will see the 2 bolts.. :)

funboy.ch

Feb 15, 2007
Switzerland
nevermind...it's all over..figured it out..speakers are in place...tweeters didn't fit though...just spent 12hours on installing...i'm tired..

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
if its useful to anyone this is my plan....

ive filed off about 5mm flat from the bottom of the motor, combined with gonna take a slice out of the rings.

these rings are becoming a woprk of art..i think :p

motor_cut.jpg

rings.jpg

btw those are 40mm long, 6mm diameter machine screws

Last edited:

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
right so tonight i am waiting for the third coat of spray on to dry

weather permitting hopefully i will figure out how to get the wires thro the trunking.

left hand mdf ring is complete, Richie, you said deadening between the ring and the door is a good idea?

i am going to earth the amp in the passenger footwell, i have enough room to
run the power thro the bulkhead, f me the end is starting to almost be in sight

I'm sure i will take some pics for the good of science and all that

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
so the rings will be attached using 4 screw points, is there any reason not do just put a 20mm (eg) diameter pad of deadening at the point of each screw, or would you put a ring-shaped ring of deadening?

funboy.ch

Feb 15, 2007
Switzerland
to get the bonnet release off, first unhook the wire on the hood end, then pull the release as far as it will go, then on the bottom of the lever at the center there is a black plastic piece which you have to push someway and eventually you can pull the black piece out and the the handle slides off. :)

btw Phil, are you sticking this in a Ibiza or Leon? I had my MDF rings at 32mm and the speakers hit the door card. Had to make them about 25mm I think so it would clear enough.

Also, there is a small plastic stub on the upper back corner by the speaker grill on the door card which I had to cut off because it pushed right onto the mdf rings so the door card wouldn't fit.

I'll try to remember to take some pics tomorrow since I have the door card and speaker off at the moment....One of my speakers is ripped :(

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.