Formentor Idle RPM?

BaldPirate

Sep 26, 2023
What is the warm engine idle rpm?
I understand cold starts have a higher revving engine but it'll eventually lower to about 1k rpm. Shortly after that it'll increase back up to cold start rpm levels.

Is 1k rpm too high on idle? I've noticed that while driving? Am i missing something here? shouldn't it be around 700rpm?

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
What is the warm engine idle rpm?
I understand cold starts have a higher revving engine but it'll eventually lower to about 1k rpm. Shortly after that it'll increase back up to cold start rpm levels.

Is 1k rpm too high on idle? I've noticed that while driving? Am i missing something here? shouldn't it be around 700rpm?
I have noticed same behaviour what tou just said.
Cold start high rpm, lowers down after a period, then it would increase thats all whilst car is idling.
When you put in D it would increase.
Probably that is how it is setup.
Mine is 310bhp.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
On the 310 the idle is abt 900 in Comfort and abt 1100 in Sport/Cupra.
Other versions with less hp must have lower rpms at idle.

BaldPirate

Sep 26, 2023
I have noticed same behaviour what tou just said.
Cold start high rpm, lowers down after a period, then it would increase thats all whilst car is idling.
When you put in D it would increase.
Probably that is how it is setup.
Mine is 310bhp.
This is exactly what I'm talking about.
Cold start high rpm - same.
Lowers to about 1000rpm at about the 2-3min. mark then increases again - same.

Also, while driving, I'm able to tap the accelerator to get it to go into eco, which will drop the rpm to about 700 - I suppose it's like putting it in N but letting the car keep rolling.

On the 310 the idle is abt 900 in Comfort and abt 1100 in Sport/Cupra.
Other versions with less hp must have lower rpms at idle.

Mine is a little bit higher @ about 1K in comfort and about 1200 in sport.

The lowering of the rpm to 700 is making me question the idle rpm. Effectively, I'm unsure if there's a leak in a hose or whether that's exactly what the car is meant to do.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.