• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Formentor front suspension (DCC) noise or clunks over speed bumps identified

Apr 8, 2024
Update.

Dealer called and they wanted to change front shock absorbers again under warranty. They installed Cupra Ateca (and many others like Tarraco, Leon, Karoq, Kodiaq, Superb, Octavia, Q2, T-Roc, Tiguan, Arteon, Passat etc.) OE Monroe DCC 3Q0413032 shock absorbers and the noise is gone!
Thanks for the update, I have mine in for its first service on Wednesday with the same problem on the nsf. I haven’t tried pulling fuse #47 yet, see how we go after this next visit.

Very useful information!

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2024
This is very good news ! I've just googled part 5WA413032K and it looks as though its a Formentor specific part. That would explain the issue as I couldn't find any other vw group cars with this issue. Whilst its positive that your noise has gone away, has the performance of the dampers changed ? It would seem that your original ones were developed specifically for the Formentor ?

Apr 8, 2024
Thanks for the update, I have mine in for its first service on Wednesday with the same problem on the nsf. I haven’t tried pulling fuse #47 yet, see how we go after this next visit.

Very useful information!
Well, it went in for its first service and they say they couldn’t hear a problem from the front near side suspension, so no fault found is written on the warranty report - I think I have a bit of a battle ahead. They have offered a joint test drive in a couple of weeks time, so maybe have more luck then. In the meantime, if I was to pull fuse #47, does the error message reset once the fuse has been replaced or is this logged permanently into memory?

spezwend

Jun 23, 2023
Almost every dtc is logged and saved, but it will not stay active or current. When I put the fuse back, the error dissapears from the IC.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise