fitted new engine now thats decided 2 die! now with pics of damage you got to see

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
same engine apart it has a code of aqx i think, has scat rods and bam pistons and a large port head and i will be fittin all my stuff on there the the gt28 the injectors fuel pump etc

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
expect it to run slightly too lean if largeport I think at the higher rpms as it will be flowing more..
likely to need a tweak to fueling

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
ah ok will find out for defo, what car/model was the engine code aqx on? not sure if its the same head or he has used a largeport will find out this week as im awaitin delivery

westallc

Jan 25, 2009
i have a apx bottom end from a tt 225 thats done 30k has been stripped and all parts checked all okay and the head that has just been ported and polished with new valves 5 angled seats etc etc and the block has the sump on aswell... pm me for a god price :D

westallc

Jan 25, 2009
something like that bill not sure i didnt do the work lol

have i got it completly wrong???

westallc

Jan 25, 2009
the work has been done by a motor sport guy and im sure he said it has 5 angled seats... maybe he said 3 angled seats im going to call him now as i havent got a clue lol

would 5 work??

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
right oh then heres some pics of the carnage that happened after my track day at castle combe,

think i might of blown a little hole in there lol
SP_A0059.jpg

i dont think this is of any more use eh? lol
SP_A0060.jpg

and a few bits of metal that has broke off and made its way to the other cillinders somehow
SP_A0061.jpg

SP_A0062.jpg

enjoy lmao

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
been there done that - my old mk4 ex jabba golf.

dropped valve

hence only supertechs now used by myself on BT cars