Falken FK452's (Leon FR)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Can't really help here other than get the tyres you want fitted and not just a substitute because of some lame excuse. You want 452's, then get them ordered and fit them independently. You will find somewhere that'll do them but it will almost certainly be an independent.

I have an excellent relationship with my local independent who usually charge a bit less than Blackcircles do delivered as a fitted price. There are no monkey's there and have never had a damaged alloy. I've been going there for a good 15 years now.

They are based in Huntingdon which is now a 35-40 minute drive from MK with the Bedford bypass in, so just over a gallon of diesel and a bit of time.

Although I trust them with the prices, I always double check with Blackcircles just to be sure. The last two sets of tyres (B/Stone Sport Contact 2 - Seat - were about £9 per tyre fitted cheaper than BlackCircles could manage delivered, and the F1's for the Honda were about £3 per tyre cheaper fitted).

As they say with investments, past performance is no guide to future results, but they may be worth a call and a trip.

If you want their number them PM me.
Good tyres save lives :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yeah on standard size.
Too many choices of tyres and one persons experience, might not be the same as another's, and it's not cheap to get it wrong.
I know how hard i can push in any conditions, and i would like to keep that confidence.

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
I found blackcircles.com and valuetyres.co.uk the cheapest for fully fitted price.

I'm getting 4 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110's fitted this afternoon via blackcircles. Wanted Falken 452's but they where on on the listing so I went for the Hankooks as they seem to be getting above average reviews...

I had a set of hankooks on when i bought the car.
I was very impressed, they also had good rim protection (452's are rubbish for rim protection)

how more are these nowdays that the 452's?

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I paid £355 for the four Hankook Ventus Evo12 K110 - fully fitted via blackcircles. But when blackcircles listed the 452's they were a £1 cheaper per tyre I think.

I've now covered about 150 miles on the Hankooks and think that they are starting to bed in nicely. My previous setup was F1 Assym's on the front and Conti 2's on the rear, so I think I can give a fairly honest review...

The F1's took at least 30 miles to get rid of the slippy finish from the moulding process; the Hankooks took around 10 miles.

I think the F1's started to give their best grip after 500 miles or so and this stayed the same all the way through the life of the tyre. The Hankooks feel like they are getting grippy'er as the miles are covered.

I always felt that the F1's grabbed the road camber quite a lot so some times it felt like the tracking was fractionaly out (it wasn't because I had it laser alligned from day one and the wear was even when taken off at the start of the week). The Hankooks feel slightly more foregiving with the road camber.

So far the Hankooks have shown excellent grip and considering the road are slippy at the moment the traction light is hardly coming on.

If I had the money to buy 4 F1 Assym's I would of; but the Hankooks are a good alternative and if they continue to improve I will defo buy again.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I paid £355 for the four Hankook Ventus Evo12 K110 - fully fitted via blackcircles. But when blackcircles listed the 452's they were a £1 cheaper per tyre I think.

I've now covered about 150 miles on the Hankooks and think that they are starting to bed in nicely. My previous setup was F1 Assym's on the front and Conti 2's on the rear, so I think I can give a fairly honest review...

The F1's took at least 30 miles to get rid of the slippy finish from the moulding process; the Hankooks took around 10 miles.

I think the F1's started to give their best grip after 500 miles or so and this stayed the same all the way through the life of the tyre. The Hankooks feel like they are getting grippy'er as the miles are covered.

I always felt that the F1's grabbed the road camber quite a lot so some times it felt like the tracking was fractionaly out (it wasn't because I had it laser alligned from day one and the wear was even when taken off at the start of the week). The Hankooks feel slightly more foregiving with the road camber.

So far the Hankooks have shown excellent grip and considering the road are slippy at the moment the traction light is hardly coming on.

If I had the money to buy 4 F1 Assym's I would of; but the Hankooks are a good alternative and if they continue to improve I will defo buy again.

Thanks for that, up-date it as and when please really considering them over F1's.

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
The hankooks I had were the ventus sport I think they were k014
even my uncle commented how grippy they were when he had a blast in it, and he's an ex rally driver and now owns a large independant tyre garage

when I last looked these were about 30 more per tyre, but if the evo is getting good reviews I may give them a try next

Stanhope

Can you tell me what the garage name is please? I can't seem to locate one.

The Garage Ltd
Arden Park, Unit 6, Old Wolverton Road, Old Wolverton, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK12 5RH
01908 315 020‎

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.