Do I just go ahead and change the Coil packs?

HayleyS

Nov 26, 2007
South Wales
Thanks for the offer, thats really good of you!

We will defo have to get the problem one done right away (assuming its only one) after its been on the diagnostics, fingers crossed its on there as we speak. Im affraid to drive it as it is with young baby in the car, just incase it mucks around somewhere dangers like a roundabout again.

However the other 3 that I will need we'll be looking to do in the new year, so obviously if we can get them at a better price than we currently can would be fab. Everyone local I have spoken to that stocks them would have to order them in anyway, but they can do them a bit cheaper than main dealer price. I dont mind paying that price for the single one if this diagnostics guy can do it just to know its fit for the moment (he's Kingsway up on Gors Avenue, you probably know him if your from the area). I know they are good there cos they have done anything we've needed on my Golf and hubby's Audi in the past.

PM me when your going to be about, and we'll go from there. Thanks again! :)

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
if you start your car and one by one remove and them plug back in the cables going to your coil packs it will show which one is not work as if you pull the right one out the engine will run as it is and if you pull the wrong one out itll miss even more but they do sugest to replace all four if one goes as 1+3 2+4 work together and if one fails it puts more strain on the rest thats what i did and it worked fine but if just ****ed my key up

HayleyS

Nov 26, 2007
South Wales
Thanks for that.

I've put another post called Engine Misfire (wasnt my coil packs!)??
Still havent sussed out the problem, but i've been given a few posibilities so we just have to look into them now and hopfully work out what it is sooner than later. Just praying its something not too expensive lol. If you can help id be happy to hear your thoughts.

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
have you check your MAF ive been told you can check this by taking it of and goin for a little spin and if its the same as it was before its your MAF £68 stealers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.