probally the easyiest part.
will be intresting to see what comes out of that catch can,do you do many short journeys?
as from what ive seen after a quick search that builds up in these cans is swarf which is normally build up from short journeys oil and condensation.

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
7 mile each way to work and back every other day. This time of year the car has just got upto temp when I get there..

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
No mate, nothing.

I do change the oil every 6 months or so (or 4-5k) so not sure it would get a chace too :shrug:

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
damoegan just seen your catch can and i think
White_Guy_Thumbs_Up.jpg

one good idear you take paypal?

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
just of you that matey, went do you think uil have it on? do the 20v engine breath alot? cose my mates cossy spits oil alover but that an old engine,

mavras

I had my catch can installed about a year ago and there is absolutely no oil caught...
I have no idea what some people do to their cars and have their catch cans filled with oil and sludge

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
year i no what your saying, i think the oiler the engine get the more it breaths, and more tuned thay are as well,

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Catch can is all welded up now. Pressure tested to 6 bar and no leaks :)

Just need to decide where I'm going to mount it and weld a bracket on to it.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
What is your job then Damo? Cos you're on here all day so it's obv not anything too challenging.... :bleh:

Only messing!

It sounds like you've got access to some pretty handy equipment there! :)

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
:lol:

I'm a maintenance engineer so we have all the tools you can think of in the work shop :)

Also have a computer with web access in there too ;)