custom FMIC!!!!

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
i can c your point there m0rk and to be onist it was a gamble, but at the end of the day there is no reason if **** happens putting it bk to standard! im gna put it on the rollers as soon as possible to c the results, basically it stil goes well but its dwn to the nitty gritty and well have to c fingers crossed mind! have to up the boost with stage two other wise!

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
m0rk said:
honestly though, I can't see why people pay 'a lot' of money for an unsupported, unproven product with next to no comeback.

More than likely to be different, and not follow along the line of mods that EVERYONE else has done. If everyone thought like that then there would be tons of identical modded Ibiza's about.

Car modifying started out with people being ORIGINAL. Before it all took off people made thier own bodykits and engine mods etc.

Fair point that FORGE have designed thier cooler intenionally for the Ibiza Cupra but whos to say that the way they have done it is the best and only way to do it. If your going to stand out in the car modifying world then you've got to take risks and be more inventive and resourceful. Otherwise your going to end up with the same car as the next person.

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
rogers said:
im gna put it on the rollers as soon as possible to c the results, wise!

Doubt you will see any difference in performance on a dyno. Your best bet is to get somone to log the temps via VAGCOM. Then compare them to the average inlet temps for your type of car and see if yours are now any lower. Would be interesting to see the results.

TBH i can't really see how it wouldnt work :think: pretty sure your temps will be lower than standard, but the question is..... how much lower :shrug:

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
exactly i dont know anyone with one, anyone around south wales area got one?? a vagcom that its! i know wot u mean with the modding mate u follow the band wagon and wel all be the same!

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i got a cheap cable off ebay (18quid after postage) and just use unlicensed software off the ross tech website

plan to register the product eventually but money spent else where for now

its worth the buy, especially when things go wrong but fairly useless when theres no need to log anything

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members