custom FMIC!!!!

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
yep mate that is the site, the guy who made the intercooler is hopefully going to make his own business i been told, alloy header tanks etc loads of things. if all goes to plan with my intercooler id have no problems and nor would he make a few others. let me just see how mine turns out for u all to c and well go from there.

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
right it has been fully fitted bumper trimmed and it up and running, had a few hold ups, tthe garage wouldnt take my front bumper off! because they thought they would brake it! but other than that it was all done to top quality, that was soon sorted after a phone call to phill and me and two of the boys had it off in no time, so fare the results are good that is a definate increase in torque that i have noticed and others have said, i am having it rolling roaded asap when i have chance and the proper results will then show as it was not long since it was last on the rollers.
il have photos hopefully tommorow of it all, because my didi camera is bust and they will posted then,
i ended up paying £258 for all the plumbing which includes samco's all the stainless steel piping brackets and trimming the bumper.
pics to follow

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
Cant see it performing any worse than the standard smic but will be interesting to compare the results between the smic, forge fmic and yours :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
oh for the benifit of heindseight

making your turbo loose pressure because of a pressure drop will result in your car having less boost, so less air, so less power.

So you may well loose power compared to your SMIC

I think Ruddmeister nailled it on the head, and you two just proved it.

if it looks fast, it must be.

I'm off to paint viper stripes, because they're way fast.

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
m0rk said:
I'm off to paint viper stripes, because they're way fast.

lol go to your local halfords the have go faster pin stripes might be abit cheaper for you :p

yer i can see what your saying about reduced back pressure thats why im keen to see the results :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
honestly though, I can't see why people pay 'a lot' of money for an unsupported, unproven product with next to no comeback.

An old addage plays out regularly 'buy cheap, buy twice' and I know of a couple of people that skuimped & bought laguna/sprinter intercoolers, who then bought forge ones that acutally fit & work.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.