Cupra TDI vs Clio 182

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
This is something i have wondered about for ages, but as of next saturday clio 182's will be no match for my 230ish BHP and 380ish ft Lb Torque
hehehe

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
yup !!! i just decided i'm going for it about a week ago called jabba said right need clutch £715, fmic (they don't sell so had to get a forge one) £660, Big turbo £2,000, de-cat and downpipe £140 & coilovers £580 and they were like yep can get you in on 14/07/07 i was like f'in right, so next saturday its going in for 5-7days and when it comes back :D

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
T.Spark,

Hi mate i already always have a mucky rear end lol i'm cleaning my car 2 sometimes 3 times a week not good for the paintwork he back is already starting to fade a bit! its because the miltek sits flush at the back whereas the standard exhaust sticks out a bit and it slashed downwards, but heyho it will be worth it haha!!!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
yea fingers crossed lol but to be fair i have a courtsy car from them anyway so if it takes a bit longer its just more miles on their car haha!!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
it is an amazing feeling when your car getting somework done on it and when you get back in it OMG! :wtf: is this really my car! its amazing mine goes in for more work on monday the 16th of this month :D

T. Spark

yup !!! i just decided i'm going for it about a week ago called jabba said right need clutch £715, fmic (they don't sell so had to get a forge one) £660, Big turbo £2,000, de-cat and downpipe £140 & coilovers £580 and they were like yep can get you in on 14/07/07 i was like f'in right, so next saturday its going in for 5-7days and when it comes back :D

What "big turbo" are you getting for £2,000? Im going for big power soon aswell so interested! Will you be running standard injectors?

I already have exhaust, FMIC, coilovers, so really just need a clutch (going to get a diff at same time) and a turbo with injectors then im sorted :)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
dont forget the big turbo remap! custom hoses (not sure if this are needed but uprated fuel pump)

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
custom hoses??? yea that will be on standard injectors, £2000 includes re-map its on jabba's website, dammit could have got some good discount as i have 2 mates that are going to get big turbo's on their tdi's and if T.Spark joined in aswell i'm sure we could ahve got a good price haha. The turbo as i understand is a pd150 turbo which they modify.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
oh i forgot to mention i am SOO P1553d off with forge they sent me a 1.8t fitting kit with the fmic so i have spent all day in a rented out workshop trying to fit the wrong fmic, and the car is booked in for next saturday at 9am tomorrow is the last day off i have untill it goes in and jabba want £200 to fit the fmic which i am not up for paying!!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=131025 Well annoyed

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
^^^^ :doh: oh crap unlucky mate hope you get it fitted in time! custom silicone hoses for the intercooler to turbo ect but saying that if its a hybrid then it will have the exhaust and cold inlet in the same places on the hybrid turbo :shrug: i had to have cutom 1's made

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
third at 80 is almost 5K revs!!!

when i had my remap on my cupra i used to do 0-60 runs in 2nd gear, it seems like the derv's can do about 30mph per gear

although i wouldnt recommend it, im sure thats what did my turbo in and the bearings went, could have been a crap remap as i was chucking out loads of **** which i was told due to over boosting and unburnt fuel??!

im not sure if you noticed this but the cupra tdi in 5th gear has this strange kick in around 2.5krpm where it just jumps to 3k in a heart beat, my mate reckons its the clutch - im hoping its just the car being a crazy :p

4.5k rpm in every gear you should have done him good and proper and been doing over 100 in 4th easy.... especially if you planted it in 2nd then he started chasing you :whistle:

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
mate its a fact as ive done it, used to take the car near red line, if you got a cupra i suggest you try it. my mate used to do 70 in 2nd in his rover 216 si :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members